Environmental, Health and Safety Manager
Compensation: $90,470.00 - $134,240.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Corning is one of the world s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Corning s Environmental Technologies segment manufactures ceramic substrates and filter products for emissions control in mobile and stationary applications around the world.
Purpose of Position: This position is responsible for promoting a safe and healthy work environment for all plant employees and ensuring plant environmental aspects and impacts meet or exceed expectations and legal requirements. Duties include facilitating and communicating safety and environmental programs and policies. The Erwin Manufacturing EH&S Manager will drive plant culture of continuous improvement in overall environmental, health and safety performance with goal of attaining and interdependent culture. He / she will develop, implement and carry out site specific programs to maintain compliance with laws, codes and regulations.
- Ensure compliance with all plant, corporate and government policies and regulations
- Be a change agent to drive continuous improvement in overall plant safety and environmental performance through programs such as employee engagement, hazard recognition/elimination, etc.
- Lead and develop EH&S organization
- Work with plant leadership to set annual goals and objectives; drive necessary actions to meet or exceed targets
- Maintain metrics of plant environmental, health and safety performance and provide monthly reporting including regulatory and corporate reporting
- Develop, implement and track annual site safety plan actions
- Develop, implement and track annual site environmental plan actions
- Develop and maintain plant emergency response plans and ensure appropriate training
- Attend division/corporate EH&S meetings and calls representing the interest of the plant
- Work with internal and external groups to coordinate plant EH&S audits and evaluations/inspections, and ensure timely corrective action for discrepancies
- Ensure effective delivery of all EH&S related training with compliance to all applicable plant, corporate and OSHA standards
- Maintain all OSHA logs and required recordkeeping
- Ensure / lead investigation of all plant EH&S incidents in conjunction with supervisors / managers, working towards root cause and corrective actions to prevent reoccurrence
- Coordinate reporting, tracking, and trend analysis of workplace injuries when they occur and ensure corporate reporting standards are followed
- Maintain existing SDS system and ensure new materials and products have appropriate SDS sheets and training
- Perform analysis and recommend improvements to equipment and processes to improve EH&S performance and prevent future incidents with goal towards a zero-incident facility Quantitative Information
- Monday Friday; 40+ hrs per week; Nights or weekends as safety activity
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor s degree in Occupational Safety and Health, Environmental Engineering or technical degree in related field
- Min 3-5 years of experience in an EH&S role
Travel: Minimal <5%
- Proven leadership skills
- Strong people skills; able to interface effectively with all levels of the organization
- Ability to drive organizational change
- Good time management and organization skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication/presentation skills
- Motivated teammate ability to work in a team environment
- Knowledge of EH&S regulations
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) preferred
- Safety and/or environmental experience in a production facility preferred
- Project management experience
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Associated topics: clinical, environmental, gauge, health, inspector, nursing, safe, usda, waste, wastewater treatment plant
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...