Safety Ambassador (2nd Shift) - Peachtree City, GA
Compensation: $82,390.00 - $138,290.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
This position is located in Peachtree City, GA and who would work within the capacity of a safety ambassador to the site. Work with the EHS Manager and all safety teams to control and address hazardous and potentially hazardous conditions or equipment. Interface with all shifts regarding improvement of safety processes, employee engagement, and overall morale. Audit plant for regulatory compliance and work with EHS Manager to address safety and health issues. Ensure that the employees, visitors and contractors are working within the guidelines established by OSHA and Plygem. This individual will report to the EHS Manager and will have the following specific duties:
* Communication - Ability to express ideas effectively in individual and group situations; adjusting language or terminology to the characteristics and needs of the audience; targeting presentations to the characteristics and needs of the audience. Demonstrates effective listening skills.
* Planning and organizing - Self-starter who can establish a course of action for work activities to accomplish defined goals; planning and acquiring resources through site supervisors; maintaining an awareness of relationships between activities.
* Mentoring program (i.e. Safety Manager to Safety Ambassador) -
* Learn and understand local, state, and federal Health & Safety regulations
* Review and explain First Reports with site management/supervision
* Assist employees with safety concerns
* Ensure that all applicable safety rules are being followed by employees, contractors and visitors
* Ensure that all applicable permits are filled out properly (i.e. hot work & confined space)
* Understand compliance procedure and ensure that safe practices are being followed
* Review of safe operating procedures with employees, visitors, contractors
* Establish a direct communication with Contractor Leader / Foreman and the Plygem contact person for all contractors when work is being performed
* Provide a safety discussion to all contractors at the beginning of each shift
* Be involved in non-injury and accident investigations
* Facilitate the Safety Foundation Teams & Events
* Critical Skills
* Self-starter, detail oriented, and motivated
* Proficient at developing and editing documents with the Microsoft Word, Excel, and Publisher, as well as Adobe Acrobat.
* Good organizational skills and attention to detail
* Effective communication skills (Verbal and written)
* Decision making and problem-solving skills.
* Ability to provide consistent performance
* Work well under pressure
* Meet deadlines established
* Qualification and Skills required:
* High School graduate/GED required. Some college or business school course preferred. Bilingual where needed.
* Minimum of one-year experience in a manufacturing environment. Previous safety experience preferred.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Basic Computer skills. (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
* Ability to prioritize and multitask.
* Broad understanding of plant operations and manufacturing processes and problem solving.
* Very strong desire to learn and willing to tackle new challenges. In doing so, can demonstrate competence in application of safety and environmental policies and regulations.
* Must have a passion to learn about safety- Strong belief in Safety
* Working knowledge of OSHA Regulations is a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled Cornerstone Building Brands is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
Associated topics: climate, diligence, environment, health, health and safety, hygiene, osha, recycling, safety, safety specialist
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...