Environmental Service Worker
Compensation: $98,225.00 - $147,530.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
At CoreCivic, we do more than manage inmates, we care for people! CoreCivic is currently seeking an Environmental Service Worker who has a passion for providing the highest quality care in an institutional security setting.
Who We Are:
CoreCivic is the leading, national provider of high-quality, secured corrections and detention management services, providing effective programs that enhance public safety and prepare individuals for success after release.
Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, with more than 70 security facilities nationwide, CoreCivic security employees are driven by a deep sense of service, high standards of professionalism and a responsibility to better the public good.
What We Have:
- More than just a job but the start of a successful career!
- Supportive environment where employee growth is promoted.
- Comprehensive benefits package & competitive wages.
- PTO & paid holidays.
- Paid job training & other great incentives.
What You Get To Do:
Change the lives of those in your care!
The Environmental Service Worker performs housekeeping functions of assigned areas including cleaning, waxing, buffing, and vacuuming of floors. Dust and polish furniture and equipment, clean restrooms, common areas and recycles or disposes of trash.
- Assemble and maintain all necessary materials, equipment and/or supplies. Assemble and maintain inventory of needed materials, supplies and cleaning solutions.
- Maintains clean floors, walls and ceilings of assigned areas. Restock supplies in restrooms and common areas as needed.
- Set up and operates power equipment used in cleaning and sanitation.
- Transport and disposes of infectious waste and/or contaminated material.
- Inspect for items that could be used as contraband, weapons, or implements of escape by inmates/residents.
- Provide for the secure storage and/or safe disposal of tools, supplies and equipment, and maintains all tools in proper working order.
- High School diploma, GED certification or equivalent is required.
- Six months experience in housekeeping, commercial cleaning or related custodial work experience is required.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 21 years of age.
CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace & EOE M/F/Vets/Disabled.
Associated topics: environment, gauge, hazard, healthy, hospital, safety, scba, usda, waste, wastewater
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...