Sr Environmental Analyst II
Compensation: $66,490.00 - $97,100.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Join a diverse and dynamic team that makes and delivers the most valuable services in the world: electricity and natural gas. At Consumers Energy, our customers are at the heart of everything we do. Our employees work around the clock to provide service to our customers in honor of our history and to fulfill our promise to Michigan - Count on Us! Consumers Energy, the principal subsidiary of CMS Energy and headquartered in Jackson, Michigan, provides natural gas and electricity to nearly 6.8 million of Michigan's 10 million residents in all 68 Lower Peninsula counties.
Consumers Energy Company's Environmental Services Department is a team of professionals who provide planning, permitting, operational compliance, policy, and strategic support for electric and natural gas utility operations serving approximately 6 million customers in Michigan.
The Environmental Services' Sustainability Section is seeking an experienced Sustainability Environmental Analyst with significant applied leadership experience to support the Company's sustainability projects and reporting.The successful candidate will join a team who routinely collaborates with internal business partners, other Environmental Services staff, government agencies, and other external stakeholders.
Job Description / Responsibilities
This position will be filled by a candidate with a broad range of business, program management and analytics skillsets. The focus of this position will be to support the Company's sustainability program.The main responsibilities will be to execute sustainability projects and complete sustainability related reporting through establishing cross organizational relationships.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Assist in developing effective sustainability communications for company stakeholders; shareowners, customers, community and employees including preparing sustainability reports
* Manage company-wide green team efforts
* Support materiality assessment development/Stakeholder engagement initiatives
* Manage annual Earth Month Campaign logistics
* Assist with special projects
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
* Knowledge of sustainability principles, best practices, corporate implementation techniques and industry issues
* Ability to translate sustainability efforts into business value
* Demonstrated ability to get results
* Possesses strong communication skills and can engage easily with employees
Requirements / Qualifications
* Bachelor's degree from an ABET accredited college or university in Natural or Hard Sciences, Business Sustainability, Urban Planning, Public Policy or a related field.
* 4+ years of relevant experience
* Experience in Corporate Social Responsibility/Sustainability deployment and implementation is preferred.
The following skills may set you apart:
* Strong oral, writtten, oral and communication skills.
* Ability to build strong, collaborative work relationships with business partners, team members, and leadership to build consensus, promote continuous improvement, and improve results.
* Advanced degree in a relevant field or discipline
* Experience with sustainability reporting frameworks
* 3-5 years in a leadership role
* Experience in the utility industry, including knowledge of distribution and transmission systems, renewable energy development, and/or natural gas storage.
* Manage environmental projects and/or tasks in a collaborative setting with multiple disciplines.
* Help support generating plant, distribution and other projects in the Company, manage large task assignments and small-scale projects, perform complex environmental analyses and studies, oversee and review work by other staff, contractors, and consultants; also interface with government agencies and the public.
Hours and Travel
This position requires the individual work 40 hours per week with about 90% of time spent in the office.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and move up to ten pounds and occasionally lift and move up to fifty pounds. The recommended maximum weight for employees to lift without the aid of other employees or a lifting device is 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The noise level on the construction site is often loud. Regular attendance is expected.
Position will be filled at the appropriate salary grade based upon the skills, knowledge, and experience of the selected candidate.
All qualified applicants will not be discriminated against and will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected veteran status, disability, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Nearest Major Market: Jackson Michigan
Nearest Secondary Market: Ann Arbor
Job Segment: Program Manager, Sustainability, Civil Engineer, Public Policy, Management, Energy, Engineering, Legal, Government
Associated topics: account manager, business, clerical, contract, financial, general manager, manager, office, office manager, payroll
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...