Our Albuquerque, NM location is currently seeking an Environmental Technician. The successful candidate will be responsible for the performance of tasks associated with emergency response, hazardous waste clean-up, site-remediation, equipment decontamination and handling of hazardous materials.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
* Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
* Competitive wages with opportunity for overtime!
* Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
* Group 401K with company matching component
* Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
* Positive and safe work environments
* Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
* Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
* Operating light and heavy equipment including, but not limited to: pumps, vacuum, equipment, oil spill boom, generators, bobcats, etc., tank cleaning, hydro excavating & hydro blasting;
* Performing emergency response activities including, but not limited to chemical and water spills, etiological and biological contamination, tank cleaning, equipment decontamination, etc.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
* 1+ years of previous industrial experience such as hydro blasting, tank cleaning or refinery based work preferred;
* Due to the emergency response and operational nature of the position, it will require some on-call availability that will rotate;
* Available for overnight travel about 30% of the time;
* Valid Driver's license, clean 3-Year MVR required;
* HAZWOPER certification as asset.
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com/careers
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology - come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.
Associated topics: agriculture, air, air monitoring, biodiversity, environment, environmental science, field, waste, water, wetlands