Environmental Services Worker
City of Atlanta in Atlanta, GA
- Industry: Mining/Extraction - Environment, Health And Safety
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $76,010.00 - 126,670.00 / Year*
Salary range: $24,600 - $37,000
General Description and Classification Standards
Performs a wide variety of grounds maintenance services to maintain and enhance the beautification of the City of Atlanta. Duties may include, but are not limited to: garbage and recycling collection; cleaning, performing repairs, and other general maintenance; landscaping through the use of hand and power tools including saws, shovels, blowers, lawnmowers, etc. This is the entry level for this job family. Individuals entering this level must already possess the basic knowledge of the work and the required motor skills and physical capabilities to carry out basic tasks.
Typically performs the simplest pertinent tasks, assists higher level workers in more complex jobs, Prepares or puts away tools. Supervision Received Works under general supervision, typically as part of a work crew with responsibility for completion of assigned tasks.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities These are typical responsibilities for this position and should not be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. May perform other duties as assigned.
- Performs general lawn care, landscaping and maintenance for assigned areas; mows and trims grass, removes clippings, leaves, and debris from grounds area; prunes bushes and trees using hand and power tools including lawnmowers, saws, weed eaters, pruners, blowers, etc.; removes illegal signs from street signs, light and utility poles.
- Performs grounds maintenance; picks up litter, debris, bulk trash, etc.; sweeps, rakes and blows walkways, parking lots, natural lands and other public areas.
- Prepares and operates various types of equipment involved in street cleaning,
- Performs waste and recycling collection; collects waste and recycling material along established routes through residential streets and alleys, or through business and industrial areas.
- Maintains equipment and truck; cleans and inspects truck prior to beginning routes to ensure safe operating condition; inspects equipment; completes reports for defective equipment.
Follows standardized procedures and written instructions to accomplish assigned tasks.
None. May oversee temporary or contract workers as needed.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities This is a partial listing of necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the job successfully. It is not an exhaustive list.
Knowledge of: tools, equipment, practices and techniques related to landscaping and grounds maintenance; of basic arithmetic.
Skill in: performing skilled landscaping and grounds maintenance work; in calculating quantities and distances; in maintaining accurate records and preparing simple reports of work performed; in use of computer; in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
Ability to operate a radio.
Minimum QualificationsEducation and Experience
High school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED).
1 year of related experience.
Preferred Education & Experience
High school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) and 2 years' of related experience.
Licensures and Certifications
Valid Georgia Drivers License desirable.
Essential Capabilities and Work Environment
Required physical, lifting, and sensory capabilities are requirements to perform the job successfully. Typical environmental conditions associated with job.
Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Ability to safely get on/off heavy equipment.
Associated topics: compliance, diligence, health, health and safety, osha, recycle, recycling, safety, safety specialist, sewage
* Estimated salary
You may be interested in these similar jobs near Atlanta, GA!