- Cedar's Mediterranean Foods
8 Lincolnshire Dr
The Pasteurizer insures that the processing schedule is completed. He prepares the raw batches and performs pasteurizations. Pasteurizers prepare raw batches and perform pasteurizations.
Essential Job Duties
* Monitor material flow or instruments such as temperature or pressure gauges, indicators, transmitters or meters to ensure optimal processing conditions
* Set up or adjust machine controls to regulate conditions such as material flow, temperature, or pressure, cleanliness
* Inspect machines or equipment for hazards, operating efficiency, malfunctions, wear, or leaks. Communicate with maintenance and managements to address issues
* Examine ingredient samples and un/pasteurized product to verify qualities such as flavor, cleanliness, consistency, and texture with product recipe specs. Identify and complete necessary adjustments
* Collect samples of materials or products for laboratory analysis
* Clean or sanitize tanks, screens, inflow pipes, production areas, or equipment, using automated CIP systems and hoses, brushes, scrapers, and chemical solutions
* Analyze and evaluate information. Troubleshoot and seek management assistance appropriately
* Start agitators, processors, pumps, operate valves or set controls to drain, mix, pasteurize, or transfer materials
* Dump, pour, or load specified amounts of materials into equipment or containers for further processing or storage
* Maintain chart recorders and logs of instrument readings, test results, and shift production
* Remove clogs, defects, or impurities from machines, tanks, screens, piping, pumps or other processing equipment
* Connect pipes between vats, tanks and processing equipment
* Assemble fittings, valves, and other parts to equipment in order to prepare equipment for operation
* Follow and adhere to processing SOPs and GMPs
* Attendance is an essential function of this job
* Other duties as assigned
Skills and Physical Requirements
* Able to lift 50 pounds, walk, stand, bend, lift, carry, reach, climb, twist throughout shift
* Perform basic math skills with accuracy
* Able to work within time constraints and quickly adapt to changing priorities according to business needs
* Is a responsible, flexible team player. Able to adjust to changing demands and environments quickly
* Able to read, write, speak and comprehend English. Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical and environmental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Able to perform various physical activities such as heavy lifting, pulling, and pushing up to 50 lbs .
* Able to work in damp refrigerated environment 38-42 degrees. Employee will be exposed to variable air temperatures, high locations, vibration
* Able to stand and walk on concrete floors for extended periods of time
* Use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls
* Work and communicate in an environment with moving mechanical parts and loud noise
* Able to twist, bend, climb ladder, reach
* Vision abilities include: close, distant, and color vision
Cedar's Foods is an Equal Opportunity employer, M/F/Veteran/Disability
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Associated topics: builder, civil, construction, engineer, fluid mechanic, hvac, leak, maintenance, pipe, sheetmetal
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...