- Cedar's Mediterranean Foods
- $66,440.00 -100,800.00/year*
8 Lincolnshire Dr
Shifts available on 1, 2, 3rd Shifts
The Mixer sets up, operates and tends equipment to mix or blend ingredients, including : chick peas, spices, liquids, etc.
Essential Job Duties
* Operate equipment, such as pumps and conveyors, to move materials or ingredients through production process.
* Read work orders to determine production specifications and information.
* Examine materials, ingredients, or products visually or with hands, in order to ensure conformance to established standards.
* Add or mix ingredients according to formula for processing, using hand tools or other devices: weigh or measure ingredients to ensure conformance to product specifications, dump or pour specified amounts of material into machinery and equipment.
* Start machines to mix or blend ingredients; then allow them to mix for specified times. Stop mixing or blending machines when specified product qualities are obtained.
* Collect samples of materials or products for testing to ensure compliance with specifications.
* Record operational and production data on specified forms. Open valves to drain batch from mixers into storage tanks. Unload mixtures into containers or onto conveyors for further processing.
* Observe production and monitor equipment to ensure safe and efficient operation. Clean and maintain equipment.
* Dislodge and clear jammed materials or other items from machinery and equipment, using hand tools.
* Transfer materials, supplies, and products between work areas, using moving equipment and hand tools.
* Follow and adhere to processing SOPs and GMPs.
* Attendance is an essential function of this job.
* Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Physical Requirements
* Able to lift 50 pounds, walk, stand, bend, lift, carry, reach, climb, and twist throughout shift.
* Perform basic math skills with accuracy.
* Able to work within time constraints and quickly adapt to changing priorities according to business needs.
* Is a responsible, flexible team player. Able to adjust to changing demands and environments quickly.
* Able to read, write, speak and comprehend English. Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical and environmental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Able to perform various physical activities such as heavy lifting, pulling, and pushing up to 50 lbs.
* Able to work in damp refrigerated environment 38-42 degrees. Employee will be exposed to variable air temperatures, high locations, vibration.
* Able to stand and walk on concrete floors for extended periods of time.
* Use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
* Work and communicate in an environment with moving mechanical parts and loud noise.
* Able to twist, bend, climb ladder, reach.
* Vision abilities include: close, distant, and color vision.
Cedar's Foods is an Equal Opportunity employer, M/F/Veteran/Disability
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Associated topics: energy, geothermal, operations, operator, powerplant, powerplant operations, scrubber, solar, turbine
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...