CDM Smith is seeking a Drinking Water Project Manager to join our northeast water service team. Position could be located in CDM Smith's Boston, MA, East Hartford, CT or Edison, NJ office. The selected candidate will be given the opportunity to lead significant and challenging water and environmental infrastructure projects for multiple municipal and state agency clients in the region.
Our current projects relevant to this position include drinking water treatment design and construction, lead corrosion studies, lead service line replacement programs, large water main design and construction, pump station design, water meter replacement programs and, most recently, significant studies and designs related to treatment for Per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS).
As a member of this team, you would contribute to CDM Smith's mission by:
- Planning, developing, coordinating, and directing a projects of major scope and complexity;
- Leading the scope, schedule and budget development, monitoring and Quality Analysis/Quality Control of key deliverables related to projects managed;
- Serving as the technical specialist in the application of advanced theories, concepts, principles, and processes for an assigned responsibility area such as subject matter, function, type of facility or equipment, or product; and
- Working as a recognized leader and mentor of technical and professional staff;
Environmental Engineer 7
**CDM Smith Employment Type:**
- Bachelor's degree in civil, environmental or chemical engineering or related discipline;
- Professional engineering (PE) license;
- 12 years of related experience; and
- Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
- Current PM certification (either PMP; CCM and DBIA) or ability to receive within 12 months of start; and
- At least 2 years of previous experience managing drinking water design projects.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
**Why CDM Smith?:**
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
**Job Site Location:**
Massachusetts - Boston
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
**Amount of Travel Required:**
**Visa Sponsorship Available:**
No - We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position Associated topics: environmental, environmental health safety, environmental impact, environmental protection agency, geologist, geotechnical, pollution, wastewater, water engineer, water treatment
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.