Nuclear Med Technologist
Compensation: $52,210.00 - $71,360.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Allied Health
Position Type: Regular
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 64
Primary Location: NE > OMAHA > IMMANUEL
$5,000Sign on Bonus and $10,000 Loan Forgiveness Available!
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Proper assessment of the patient and their abilities to participate in ordered procedure. Provides a clear explanation of the procedure including; duration, process, and what to expect following completion. Verifies informed consent for and assists physician with interventional procedures; needle localization, aspiration, biopsies, and other invasive procedures. Practices aseptic and sterile techniques as necessary and observes universal precautions. Provides patient education as appropriate.
2. Selection of the proper equipment, setting correct technical factors, procedure protocols and gathers proper supplies prior to performance of the procedure. Recognizes all radiation safety standards including 'Image Gently' and 'Image Wisely' and MR safety standards. Understands and follows all rules around radiation protection including wearing of lead protection when utilizing fluoroscopy or when there is a possibility of exposure i.e. CT room, performing portable exams etc.
3. Obtains clear and complete history from the patient and or patient record and records that data into patient record to assist in image interpretation and future patient encounters.
4. Is able to perform quality assessment of images obtained and is able to evaluate equipment issues and reports assessment to supervisor, manager or director
5. Ensures all equipment is in working order at the beginning of the day and prior to starting of a procedure. Performs any performance and quality tests on equipment as required including ACR quality requirements. Checks all supplies for outdates prior to use and reports any shortages, variations or failures of equipment to supervisor, manager or director for follow-up. Uses CHI incident reporting
system to report any patient injuries or concerns, equipment or supply failures or malfunctions, medication reaction or errors, and visitor or personal injury or exposure.
6. Is responsible to participate in and have a good understanding of all department, campus and system quality improvement projects, the ACR accreditation process, Radiation Safety, ALARA, MQSA, and State Regulations as they apply to staffs license or certifications. Be familiar with the requirements of CMS and Joint Commission and be able to speak to all department processes around quality and environment of care.
BLS required upon hire.
Certification by the American Registry of Technologists in Nuclear Medicine, the American Board of Nuclear Medicine, the Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board or the American Society of Clinical Pathologists
Valid Nuclear Medicine Technologist License
* Requisition ID: 2020-R0275612
* Schedule: Full-time
* Market: CHI Health
Associated topics: ascp, medical lab science, microbiology, mlt, pathology, sterile processing technician, technician, technician i, technician iii, technologist
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...