Compensation: $69,770.00 - $91,600.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Utility Operator - Sioux City,Iowa
StartingWage: $19.70 - $24.18
- Shiftoffered is 12 hours rotating shift / 4 days on 4 days off
- Medical,Dental & Vision Insurance
- Work/LifeSolutions (EAP)
- PaidHolidays and Vacation
- Compensation& Pay Equity
Thepurpose of this position is to assist in operating and maintaining the plant.Individuals in this position have shared responsibility for housekeeping withall departments and with minimal supervision. Interacts on a regular basis withoperators, supervisors, customers and other personnel.
This is anentry level position. Employees fulfilling this position will be expected tomove up to a Department Operator position within a few months
- Responsiblefor day to day operations of the plant, including grain handling. Operate allequipment associated with the department assigned to, including railcar opener,oil loadout spout, scales, drags and conveyors.
- Workindoors and outdoors in a dusty environment.
- Enterconfined spaces under proper permit conditions and supervision: including dustcollectors, extractors, DT, meal dryers and bean tanks.
- Controltraffic through department and ensure that all visitors follow safety rules.
- Troubleshootproblems as required.
- Performlight maintenance, such as replacing valves, troubleshooting conveyors andpumps, etc. while safely using wrenches, air tools, hammers and various handtools.
- Maintain asafe and sanitary atmosphere with a high regard for environmental impact of theoperation.
- Inspectbuildings, grounds, and equipment utilized by facility; determine immediate andlong range needs for maintenance and repair work. Enter notifications utilizingmaintenance computer program.
- Understandand adhere to state and federal Occupational Safety and Health rules andregulations as related to plant safety. Follow all Cargill safety rules andregulations.
- Completeall housekeeping assignments, work to improve the condition of the department,and work as a team member with a positive attitude.
- Attendvarious mandatory safety and department meetings.
- Communicatein a courteous and positive manner to accomplish duties effectively, working asa team with all involved.
- Assistother crush and plant personnel as needed, and will perform any other duty asrequested by the production supervisor.
- Operatorsin this position will use company vehicle, multiple hand tools includingshovels, PPE and industrial vehicles including forklift, boom lift, bobcat andloader to assist with job duties.
- Right towork in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or avisa sponsored by a third-party employer.
- Cargillrequires employees be a minimum of 18 years old to work in a productionfacility.
- Must havea valid Driver s License.
- Must beable to read/write English.
- HighSchool diploma or Equivalent.
- Basiccomputer skills.
- Must beable to perform physical job duties including bending/stooping, climbingladders, open/close valves, shoveling, pounding with hammer and work inconfined spaces.
- Ability tolift a minimum of 25 pounds.
- Must beable to work under special work conditions, such as extreme heat or cold.
- Ability towork in elevated areas
- Must beable to operate machinery.
- Ability towork overtime.
- Ability towork holidays, nights, weekends or different shifts.
- Able tooperate heavy equipment.
- Forkliftand Boom Lift certified
- Priorexperience in production related work.
- Previousmaintenance experience
Associated topics: fluid, growmark, ncra, operator, pipeline, quarry, recycling, refine, refinement operation, refine operator
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...