Lead Person - 2nd Shift - Full Time
Cargill in Grand Island, NE
- Industry: Hospitality - Food Services - Chef - Commercial Kitchen
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $43,650.00 - 66,480.00 / Year*
Cargill Protein is the umbrella organization of Cargill s North American beef, turkey, and food distribution businesses. Our businesses based in Wichita, Kansas, provide wholesome, high quality, nutritious and flavorful products to customers ranging from foodservice operators and grocery stores, to food manufacturers and export markets. These businesses employ more than 28,000 people in the US and Canada, who work at dozens of processing and support facilities.
Cargill Turkey and Cooked Meats
Cargill Turkey and Cooked Meats is a business committed to serving a broad range of retail, foodservice, deli, club store and branded food customers. We are focused on the success of our own national brands as well as the brands of our customers. We utilize state-of-the-art turkey, beef, and chicken processing capabilities to deliver high-quality meat products to our partners. Advanced technologies and imaginative people create innovative solutions and distinctive value for our customers.
Lead Person is a vital role in the daily operations of our facility. There are a variety of roles and responsibilities within this title such as: ability to serve in all positions within your specific department; ability to train new associates in all positions within your department; organize and equitably manage a fair daily rotation schedule; prioritize and schedule work to all operating lines or crews; lead and motivate employees to ensure jobs are done correctly and timely; complete hourly and daily paperwork; help to enforce Cargill policies and procedures. Handle these and all other assignments while making safety the number one priority.
While performing the duties of Lead Person, the employee is regularly exposed to a fast paced cold environment with slippery surfaces at times; moving mechanical parts. Position requires standing throughout the shift and the use of PPE is required in all areas of the facility.
- Running and reporting on daily operations
- Ensuring food safety and quality
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures
- Cleanliness and housekeeping
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without visa sponsorship
- Must be 18 years or older
- Ability to read, write, and speak English
- Ability to do basic math including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
- Basic computer skills
- Previous Cargill experience
- Previous production experience
- Meat processing experience
- Work history in the last 12 months
- Ability to operate forklift and other motorized equipment
Associated topics: answer, business, call, canvasser, cash, customer, market, oms, sales, salesperson
* Estimated salary
More Jobs Hiring Near Me!