Senior QC Technician _ Athens, GA
Compensation: $96,930.00 - $164,620.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Senior QC Technician / Athens, GA Kelly Services is currently seeking a Senior QC Technician for one of our top clients in Athens, GA. As a Senior QC Technician placed with Kelly Services you will be responsible for conducting chemical and physical laboratory tests and analyzes raw materials, intermediates and final product to ensure compliance with standards by performing the following duties. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assures that QC Labs run in a safe, clean and environmentally sound manner.
- Tests and analyzes raw materials, in-process samples and products such as chemicals and Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients to determine stability, purity, chemical content, and other characteristics. Follows standardized formulas or experimental procedures. Documents test results. Communicates status of test results.
- Maintain sample control of all samples submitted to the laboratory.
- Reviews peer laboratory data.
- Perform and document stability pulls as assigned.
- Troubleshoots and performs minor maintenance, calibration and repair of laboratory instrumentation.
- Inventories, orders and maintains adequate levels of chemicals and supplies for QC labs.
- Assures accurate and timely input of QC data to information systems: e.g.: ERP, databases, etc.
- Maintains detailed records for FDA, DEA and safety and environmental purposes.
- Review SOP s and other lab documents as necessary.
- Supports short and long-term projects meeting established deadlines.
- Responsible for sustaining various projects as assigned.
- Provide training to other analysts.
- Must be available for overtime work on a scheduled or emergency basis.
- Is available for other duties as required.
ADDITIONAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Complete understanding of and working knowledge of all methods related to the lab and quality control testing.
- Performs housekeeping to assure lab is continuously maintained in a safe and orderly condition.
- Successfully completes regulatory and job training requirements.
- Remains current in profession and industry trends.
- Makes a positive contribution through demonstration of ability to improve upon current laboratory practices and QS systems and through ability to learn new skills, procedures and processes.
- Carries out duties in compliance with all state and federal regulations and guidelines including FDA, EPA, OSHA and DEA. Complies with all company and site policies and procedures.
- Understands and responsibly performs duties with attention to quality, safety and environmental matters. Items include; wearing appropriate personal protective equipment, recognizing, reporting and appropriately responding to hazards in the work area (spills/accidents/near misses), properly labeling and storing chemicals, plus all other relevant job requirements.
- Assume responsibility for the environmental effects of work performed and for the identification and recording of environmental problems as they arise.
- Follow all applicable aspects of the site Environmental Management System as it pertains to normal job duties.
Shift/Hours: initially on first shift (10 Hrs 6 AM 4:30 PM WED, THURS, SAT, SUN = 40 Hours then following week MON, TUES, THURS, FRI = 40 Hours. Schedule then repeats). Once trained a decision for resource needs will be made and the person may end up on second shift (10 Hrs 2 PM 12:30 AM work schedule of days would emulate first shift). JOB REQUIREMENTS: EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor s Degree (B.A./B.S.) from a four-year college or university in a science related field involving wet chemistry and/or basic laboratory functions.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
- Work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical solutions.
- Apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlational techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- OTHER SKILLS ABILITIES OR QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge of chemical concepts and theories.
- Familiarity with chemical manufacturing or similar production processes.
- Familiar with a variety of laboratory equipment, such as: GC. HPLC, Karl Fisher, etc.
- Must have knowledge of cGMPs, safety and environmental regulations as they apply to a pharmaceutical or chemical manufacturing environment.
- Successful completion of Lab Analyst Training Program.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software programs, including MS Outlook.
- Ability to accurately enter data into computer using software applications for data entry and word processing.
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks while maintaining speed of work and attention to detail without loss to production.
- Ability to perform under stress in cases of emergency, critical or hazardous situations.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and smell.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Important information: This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. Applicants must be legally permitted to work in the United States. Call 423-###-#### for questions about the position but please apply on line to be considered for the position. Why Kelly?
- As a Kelly Services employee, you will have access to numerous perks, including:
- Exposure to a variety of career opportunities as a result of our expansive network of client companies
- Career guides, information and tools to help you successfully position yourself throughout every stage of your career
- Access to more than 3,000 online training courses through our Kelly Learning Center
- Weekly pay and service bonus plans
- Group-rate insurance options available immediately upon hire
Apply Today!*Available for purchase and administered by a designated third-party vendor#KVETS4JJ
As a worker today, it s up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what s next is what we re all about. We know what s going on in the evolving world of work just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we re always thinking about what s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we re a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.Job Requirements:
Associated topics: chemical, chemistry, engineer, gas, gas line, monomer, natural gas, petrol, petroleum, petroleum engineer
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...