Quality Control Technician I _ Irving, TX
Compensation: $97,720.00 - $165,270.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Scientific Research
Quality Control Technician I / Irving, TX Kelly Services is currently seeking a Quality Control Technician I for one of our top clients in Irving, TX. As a Quality Control Technician I placed with Kelly Services you will be responsible for will be responsible for quality assurance testing performed in the laboratory. This involves a variety of lab duties including following proper safety procedures and reading and interpreting drawings, quality control inspection procedures and test methods to perform the defined tasks to perform inspection tests as described with precision and accuracy to assure optimum control of quality. In addition, this person should have the ability to perform basic maintenance and diagnose problems for inspection equipment and work independently. Key Job Responsibilities:
- Under limited supervision and in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws/regulations and Corporate, procedures and guidelines, this position:
- Ensure proper safety procedures and practices are utilized including maintenance of the work area, tools, and test equipment in a clean and safe condition.
- Inspection of goods in warehouse.
- Read and interpret drawings, quality control inspection procedures and test methods to perform the defined tasks to perform inspection tests as described with precision and accuracy to assure optimum control of quality so that raw materials and/or finished products conform to Standard Operating Procedures, government regulations, and adheres to all Quality System Requirements (QSR).
- Perform lab testing.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and resolve problems related to inspections situations.
- Assist in the execution of technical protocols and report.
- Attention to detail and documentation practices is required.
- Perform nonconformance investigations and create NCRs as needed.
- Ability to perform basic maintenance and diagnose problems for inspection equipment.
- Generate updates to documents and create new documents as required.
- Conduct training of new associates to the area.
- Ability to manage assigned work independently.
- Ability to manage one or two small projects independently.
- Ability to effectively use computer to produce graphs, charts, and perform basic statistical analysis on test data is required.
- Responsible for communicating business related issues or opportunities to next management level
- For those who supervise or manage a staff, responsible for ensuring that subordinates follow all Company guidelines related to Health, Safety and Environmental practices and that all resources needed to do so are available and in good condition, if applicable
- Responsible for ensuring personal and Company compliance with all Federal, State, local and Company regulations, policies, and procedures
- Performs other duties assigned as needed
PQA/GSL Responsibilities, as applicable:
- Perform lab testing, which may include turbidity, appearance, peel strength, tensile, joint and leak tests.
- Ability to use, setup, and calibrate inspection equipment and software which may include, but is not limited to material testing systems, penetrometers, balance, calipers, and gauges.
Microbiology Responsibilities, as applicable:
- Perform lab testing, which may include environmental monitoring, sterility, bioburden, and LAL testing. Perform identification of microorganisms.
- Ability to use, setup, and calibrate inspection equipment and software which may include, but is not limited to autoclave, water bath, pH meter, balance, and data logger systems.
- A minimum of a high school diploma is required. (prefer coursework to include mathematics, Algebra I and Algebra II).
- A minimum of three (3) years lab experience, or equivalent knowledge and skills necessary to satisfactorily perform the position responsibilities is required.
- A minimum of three (3) years GMP/GLP (Good Manufacturing/Good Laboratory Practice) working environment is required.
- Demonstrates ability to work in a fast-paced diverse team environment and individuals while taking personal responsibility for decisions and driving results.
- Communicate effectively with co-workers and management on results and status of testing or projects.
- Basic math skills, with the ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide, and compute percentages and work with decimals and fractions is required.
- Ability to effectively use a computer including knowledge and experience with Microsoft Word and Excel is required.
- Experience working in FDA and regulatory environment is preferred.
- Testing experience is preferred. Experience with inspection equipment (i.e. Instron) is preferred.
- Forklift and pallet jack experience is a plus.
ADDITIONAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Job requires shift and/or weekend work.
- Ability to work in a controlled manufacturing environment (CME) periodically
- Operate specialized pieces of equipment
- Ability to wear protective PPE such as eye protection
RESPONSIBILITY FOR OTHERS & INTERNAL INTERACTIONS
- Reports to the Sr. Lab Engineer or Microbiology and Sterilization Leader
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift/move weights up to 50 pounds is preferred.
Important information: This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. Applicants must be legally permitted to work in the United States. Call 423-###-#### for questions about the position but please apply on line to be considered for the position. Why Kelly?
- As a Kelly Services employee, you will have access to numerous perks, including:
- Exposure to a variety of career opportunities as a result of our expansive network of client companies
- Career guides, information and tools to help you successfully position yourself throughout every stage of your career
- Access to more than 3,000 online training courses through our Kelly Learning Center
- Weekly pay and service bonus plans
- Group-rate insurance options available immediately upon hire
Apply Today!*Available for purchase and administered by a designated third-party vendor#KVETS4JJ
As a worker today, it s up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what s next is what we re all about. We know what s going on in the evolving world of work just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we re always thinking about what s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we re a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.Job Requirements:
Associated topics: clinical, emr, environmental, hazard, healthy, safety, sewer system, treatment, wastewater, wastewater treatment plant
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...