Compensation: $89,190.00 - $154,940.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
We have an exciting opportunity for a Process Technician in Plaquemine, Louisiana.Job Summary: The purpose of this job is to operate assigned equipment or areas of the plant and perform operations related activities per the work process, utilize chemical manufacturing knowledge and experience to operate and troubleshoot the plant in a safe and efficient manner, work in a team environment where individuals often set priorities and complete work activities with minimal supervision. This is a 24 hour operation and will require the ability to work 12 hour shifts during the day and at night on a rotating basis. Responsibilities:
- Follow Operating Discipline principles, procedures and practices to ensure safe and efficient operation of assigned plant areas
- Operate and field check process equipment
- Monitor process conditions, equipment and control systems
- Perform tasks assigned to operations as per a standard task list including field checks, equipment preparation, samples, etc.
- Ensure operational activities and process performance are aligned with plant and business goals
- Use troubleshooting skills to resolve process related deviations and problems and maintain equipment reliability
- Initiate and participate in Root Cause Investigations as required
- Coach and train others on plant operations
- Perform immediate response activities and manage unplanned events
- Use process knowledge and skills to make improvements in plant performance and Operating Discipline
- Use measurements and tools to operate the plant at optimum conditions
- Perform process equipment troubleshooting, minor repairs, improvements and preventative maintenance, utilizing appropriate processes and disciplines
- Two (2) or more years of experience working in an industrial/manufacturing role, such as a Process Operator/Technician, Logistics Operator, Millwright, Pipefitter, etc. Alternative would be four (4) or more years of relevant military experience.
- Self-starter and a team player; work effectively with others.
- Able to work a 12 hour rotating shift and overtime as required.
- Able to work overtime when needed (including weekends & holidays).
- Have a current, valid, United States driver license.
- Versatile and have demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Be proficient in computers to perform job tasks.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to communicate with a very diverse population which is spread across the site.
- Strong reading comprehension and listening skills.
- Strong multi-tasking, problem solving and time management skills.
- Demonstrate leadership skills - inspire others and lead them through influence.
- Able to work with independently with minimal supervision with in an empowered team environment.
- Strong work ethic.
- Have a high regard for personal safety and the safety of others.
- A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
- Able to meet the following physical demands of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations:
- Lift, push, and pull up to 55 lbs.
- Frequent bending, reaching, and lifting
- Stand 50% of the time.
- Walk for extended periods of time
- Work at heights, climb stairs and ladders.
- Work in tight and closed in spaces.
- Wear all required personal protective equipment, including but not limited to respirator.
- Our safety equipment has weight restrictions. In order to qualify, you must be able to use standard safety equipment which is rated for someone who weighs 300 pounds or less.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
As a worker today, it s up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what s next is what we re all about. We know what s going on in the evolving world of work just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we re always thinking about what s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we re a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.Job Requirements:
Associated topics: automotive, breakdown, customer service, equipment, field service technician, maintenance, maintenance mechanic, mechanical, millwright, upgrade
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...