Electrical Engineering Supervisor
Compensation: $91,075.00 - $149,450.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Scientific Research
Loading some great jobs for you...
Electrical Engineering Supervisor Grand Blanc, MI Area Our client in the greater Grand Blanc, MI area, a provider of custom HVAC solutions for a variety of applications and industries, has an immediate opening for a full-time, direct hire Electrical Engineering Supervisor. In this role, this person will be responsible for reviewing (for accuracy, functionality, efficiency, and cost effectiveness) the work of those engaged in performing Electrical Engineering duties related to planning and designing HVAC and other mechanically functioning equipment. The EE Supervisor will provide direction, assign work, oversee and be responsible for output and day to day performance of the personnel in the department. Qualified and interested parties are invited to apply today! ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Read and interpret technical drawings, schematics, specifications and computer-generated reports.
- Review product design and ensure compliance with specifications.
- Research, design and evaluate HVAC and mechanical products, equipment, systems and processes to meet requirements, applying knowledge of engineering principles.
- Advise engineers and other personnel to ensure proper implementation of operating procedures, resolve discrepancies, and provide technical information.
- Recommend design modifications to eliminate equipment or system malfunctions.
- Review research that tests and analyzes the feasibility, design, operation and performance of equipment, components and systems.
- Investigate equipment or design failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation or design, and to make corrections in the engineering department to prevent reoccurrence.
- Develop and test models of alternate designs and processing methods to assess feasibility, operating condition effects, possible new applications and necessity of modification.
- Review system components or direct selection of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
- Research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications, manuals, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements of designs or applications.
- Review performance requirements for vendors and suppliers.
- Solicit new business in the form of additional work on jobs and provide technical customer service.
- Review cost estimates, bids for engineering equipment and contract documents. Ensure accuracy of same.
- Review testing procedures and results.
- Supervise and train project engineers in all of the above duties and responsibilities.
- Have input and influence but not final authority over hiring, pay increases, performance reviews and disciplinary action.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Review and approve ongoing and completed engineering work; ensure that deadlines are met and work is completed with accuracy and high quality.
- Perform and/or supervise engineering work, analysis, studies and design, including:
- Power factor analysis and correction, install power quality meters and conduct analysis, harmonic modeling and analysis, and grounding analysis.
- Troubleshooting switchgear and relay controls electrical systems.
- Conduct short-circuit, protective device coordination and arc-flash studies.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS, ABILITIES, & ATTRIBUTES:
- Education: Minimum of four-year degree in electrical engineering (or similar discipline) is required
- Experience: Previous supervisory or projectleadershipexperience is required. Minimum of 7-10 yearsdesigning industrial custom HVAC-R -or- related mechanicalsystems is required.
- Computer Skills: Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, 2D AutoCAD, and solid modeling software.
- Certificates & Licenses: None required.
Our client offers a very competitive compensation package, profit sharing, outstanding benefits, and career advancement opportunities. Qualified and interested persons are encouraged to apply today! (via link on page)
As a worker today, it s up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what s next is what we re all about. We know what s going on in the evolving world of work just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we re always thinking about what s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we re a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.Job Requirements:
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...