Electrical Engineer (Senior)
Compensation: $110,960.00 - $164,560.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Scientific Research
Every day, Kelly Services connects professionals with opportunities to advance their careers. We currently have an exciting 6+ month, long term contract opportunity as an Electrical Engineer for a top fortune 500 company in Round Lake, IL. Title: Electrical Engineer (Senior) Duration: 6+ months Location: Round Lake, IL Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- As a key team member within the Infusion Systems Device Engineering team you are responsible for creating and implementing innovative mechanical design solutions for Baxter s infusion pumps to address customer needs.
- Contribute to the generation of design inputs specifications.
- Design and develop complex electrical circuits and assemblies and select components for new medical device product development.
- Identify creative solutions to complex electrical problems and define and execute plans to rapidly assess and optimize designs.
- Use appropriate analytical methods to assess designs such as stress analysis, timing analysis, worst-case analysis, circuit simulation and other common electrical engineering methods.
- Operate independently, with latitude for independent judgment with some supervision while providing high quality output.
- Create device hardware specifications based on customer / user requirements
- Develop relevant fixtures, gauges and equipment used in device manufacturing and test processes.
- Plan, execute and document testing and test results.
- Participate in design reviews.
- Review designs and drawings against: general standards, design requirements and manufacturing best practices.
- Develop statistically valid tests to verify designs meet product requirements.
- Generate design and test documentation that meets company, FDA, ISO and IPC requirements.
- Organize and present technical and project status overviews without minimal assistance.
- Perform other related product design and development duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Collaborate effectively with both mechanical and software engineers
- Experience in design and implementation of circuits and PCB assemblies.
- Experience developing electromechanical products and creating design documentation per FDA and ISO medical device product development process requirements.
- Experience developing circuit schematics using Altium, or equivalent.
- Experience creating PCBA layouts to meet ISO standards (e.g. radiation, immunity) is preferred, but not required.
- Experience using engineering statistical methods to aid in the development decision process.
- Demonstrated root cause analysis and problem solving skills.
- Recognized as a technical expert by peers and other personnel within the business unit.
- Cross-functional team experience, including technical and non-technical work.
- Must be self-motivated, have good interpersonal skills, capable of analyzing and solving complex problems through innovative thought and experience.
- An engineer in this role must demonstrate the following behaviors:
- Excellent communication skills
- Accountability for deliverables on or before deadlines
- Proposes and drives solutions to technical problems
- Gives and accepts constructive feedback; takes accountability for own behavior and adjusts appropriately
- Fosters creative thinking and teamwork to resolve conflicts
- Ability to work well as a member of cross-functional teams
Education / Experience:
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering and 3+ years of experience
Important information: This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. Applicants must be legally permitted to work in the United States. Please contact Michelle Niemira (...@kellyservices.com) for immediate consideration. Why Kelly?
- As a Kelly Services employee, you will have access to numerous perks, including:
- Exposure to a variety of career opportunities as a result of our expansive network of client companies
- A competitive hourly pay rate with weekly checks
- Access to newly expanded Medical Plan options
- Online continuing education via the Kelly Learning Center
- Several employee discounts
- And more!
As a worker today, it s up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what s next is what we re all about. We know what s going on in the evolving world of work just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we re always thinking about what s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we re a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.Job Requirements:
Associated topics: c, c c++, computer engineering, electrical engineering, information technology, optical, photonics, processor, radar, software
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...