Chemical Engineering Technician
Compensation: $96,363.33 - $173,290.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Description for a Scale Up Chemical Engineer: This position is within the Scale-up Engineering & Pilot Plant Operations group located at Hometown, PA.
- This position is for a scale-up chemical engineer (i.e. a combination project / process engineer with 7+ years experience) working closely with the laboratory, engineering, operations and commercial groups.
- The candidate will be able to perform all duties consistent with new product development activities that drive new profitable products toward commercialization.
- This includes working with chemists in the lab to screen synthesis routes and evaluate various unit operations for scale-up.
- The candidate will serve as the technical lead for stage gated projects.
- Responsibilities include: a strong commitment to safety, health and environmental leadership, leading Design Hazard reviews, preparing project proposals that include a detailed scope description, PFD, P&IDs, a cost estimate, preparing concept drawings, and a timeline or schedule for a project. Also, working closely with vendors and contractors on design and fabrication during project execution. Routinely documenting results and giving oral presentations on the project(s) status is required.
- The candidate must also focus on the appropriate intellectual asset management as it relates to a given project.
- Detailed tracking of project spending and identifying continuous improvement opportunities is necessary.
- The candidate must also be familiar with the operation of reactors, centrifuges, sublimers, cyrstallizers, distillation, adsorption, VSA/PSAs, refrigeration & heating systems, gas cylinders and rotary vacuum driers, etc..
- The candidate should also be familiar with packaging and handling moisture and air-sensitive solids, liquids and gases.
As a worker today, it s up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what s next is what we re all about. We know what s going on in the evolving world of work just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we re always thinking about what s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we re a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.Job Requirements:
Associated topics: chemical, chemistry, engineer, gas, gas line, monomer, natural gas, petrol, petroleum and chemical, petroleum engineer
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...