Headquartered in Lynchburg, VA., BWX Technologies, Inc. (BWXT) is a leading supplier of nuclear components and fuel to the U.S. government; provides technical, management and site services to support governments in the operation of complex facilities and environmental remediation activities; and supplies precision manufactured components and services for the commercial nuclear power industry. BWXT has more than 5,200 employees and significant operations in Lynchburg, VA.; Erwin, TN.; Mount Vernon, IN.; Euclid, OH; Barberton, OH; and Cambridge, Ontario, as well as more than a dozen U.S. Department of Energy sites around the country. Follow us on Twitter @BWXTech and learn more at www.bwxt.com.
Nuclear Fuel Services (NFS), a BWX Technologies (BWXT) subsidiary, operates a uranium fuel materials production facility to support America's fleet of nuclear-powered submarines and aircraft carriers. NFS & BWXT's strength comes from its people, and we're committed to recruiting, rewarding and retaining the best minds in the business.
Technologist 1 - Environmental Safety - Nuclear Fuel Services - Erwin, TN
This position is responsible for routine assignments following specific detailed instructions or established standards and methods.
* Performs a wide variety of assignments and studies under the guidance of a more experienced employee.
* Makes sketches, drawings or other graphic aids.
* Prepares detailed calculations, technical instructions and design reports.
* Assists in field test specifications and operating procedures.
* Functions as liaison within the Division regarding problems encountered in design, fabrication, erection, or maintenance.
* Performance of the above duties is designed to acquaint the incumbent with the Company's method of operation, company policy, procedures, and products so that he may perform more advanced duties.
B.S. or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
Four (4) years related assignments.
Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Position requires U.S. Citizenship (with no dual citizenship) and ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance which involves an extensive criminal and financial background investigation, drug test and previous employment reference verifications.
BWXT supports diversity and is committed to the concept of Equal Employment Opportunity. We have established procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits, company-sponsored training and social recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or veteran status.
Associated topics: clinical, gauge, hazard, nursing, physician, sewer system, scba, treatment, usda, wastewater