Pipeline System Controller
Employment Type: Full-Time
Founded in 1886, Buckeye Partners has a proven track record of stability and success. We pride ourselves on the laser focus we apply to safely providing service and value to our customers, operating by a strong set of values, and empowering our employees to make decisions. We have a tenacious commitment to environmental responsibility and regulatory compliance in all that we do.
It is our internal culture that sets us apart from other companies. Our goal is to provide our employees with a greater span of responsibility, the ability to make decisions, and access to experts to help you build your skills and experiences. Each of our career tracks provides employees with the ability to innovate, and be a significant contributor from their first day on the job.
Buckeye Partners is currently seeking a Pipeline System Controller with strong MS Office computer skills, knowledge in basic accounting or inventory functions, or any previous pipeline to join our growing team!
The Pipeline System Controller role is responsible for monitoring and controlling daily operations of product pipeline facilities. This includes scheduling and coordinating product movement between plants, storage and pipeline facilities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include:
* Scheduling. Supporting the timely deliveries of product and optimize the scheduling process by coordinating with customers and other Buckeye support personnel.
* SCADA Software. Monitoring and controlling system operations via SCADA (supervisory control and data acquisition) software.
* Accounting. Performing basic accounting functions such as preparing daily throughput reports and weekly volume statements for all business centers.
* Leak Detection. Analyzing the Leakwarn leak detection system and react to abnormal situations in a proper manner.
* Monitoring and Analyzing Trends. Monitoring quality instruments and trends to react to abnormalities as required.
* Concise Documentation. Documenting situations and events throughout the shift using checklists, operating sheets and handoff sheets to include what was done, what may occur and what future actions may be required. Pass this information along to the subsequent shift personnel.
* And other duties as assigned.
* High School Diploma or equivalent required.
* Experience in pipeline, terminal or plant operations is a plus.
* Ability to navigate basic computer systems (i.e. Windows).
* Basic knowledge of SCADA applications and MS Office applications is a plus.
Certificates & Licenses:
* Valid driver's license
Other Skills, Attributes and Abilities:
* Must be able to visually monitor several computer screens in a control room environment for twelve (12) hour shifts. Must maintain a high level of mental alertness and be capable of quickly processing and reacting to incoming information from the Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition System. Response time is very critical.
* Must possess good communication (both written and verbal) skills.
* Must have the ability to work in a fast paced environment, process work rapidly, set priorities, work under pressure, and follow through with assigned tasks with limited supervision.
* The person should be dependable and flexible to accommodate unscheduled changes in work routine. This person must be capable of working 12-hour shifts. Working overtime, weekends, and holidays is required. The person should have good visual acuity, good color perception, good verbal communication skills, and the ability to remain seated for 95% of the 12-hour shift. Opportunities to stand and walk away from the console are limited.
To be successful in the Buckeye culture, our employees must possess a demonstrated commitment to environmental responsibility and regulatory compliance. Excellent communication, both written and verbal, as well as strong organizational skills are paramount. You must work independently and be able to exercise tact, discretion, and professionalism when dealing with internal and external customers, and handling sensitive and confidential information.
Buckeye Partners wants to create and reward an organizational focus that stimulates the creative and entrepreneurial actions of its employees that result in innovative ways of reducing costs, generating revenues, improving productivity, or improving processes.
Buckeye Partners is the logistical solutions partner of choice for the global energy business. As one of the nation's largest independent petroleum products common carrier pipeline network providers, Buckeye Partners L.P. provides terminals, storage and refined product distribution services; our strength is to create centers of expertise around our products, technologies and client needs.
Buckeye Partners, L.P. (NYSE: BPL) headquartered in Houston, Texas is one of the primary distributors of petroleum in the eastern and mid-western portions of the United States.
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
* The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Apply On-line Send This Job to a Friend
Copyright ? Buckeye Partners, L.P.
Loading some great jobs for you...