Compensation: $64,790.00 - $147,740.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Law Enforcement
Loading some great jobs for you...
Posted Date: Mar 25, 2020
The Brink's name is a promise to respect the trust we've earned in over 150 years in business. Every employee honors that promise by offering the highest levels of service and support to our customers. We take pride in our work, and we share a passion about our future. Learn why so many people have made the choice to join our team - and stay here.
Brink's, Incorporated is the premier provider of secured logistics solutions, including transportation, ATM servicing, currency processing and other value added services to financial institutions, retailers and other commercial and government entities. The company has a proud history of providing growth and advancement opportunities for its employees. We have a challenging opportunity for a Safety Officer
Reporting to the District Safety Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the Health & Safety program.
The success of this position is judged by accident and injury prevention (frequency and severity control), regulatory compliance and the improvement of the overall culture of safety. The Safety Officer will ensure the safety of all employees, make sure all projects are up to code, and provide advice and recommendations for safety improvements.
* Correct unsafe acts or conditions during daily observations of our employees while performing safety-sensitive duties.
* Conduct accident & injury investigations and follow the normal reporting processes as required by our insurance company.
* Oversee and support Brink's SmartDrive Safety Systems, Drivers Alert and Shoes for Crews programs.
* Ensure that federal, state, and local safety laws, regulations, codes, and rules are observed.
* Responsible for Safety Training in all departments, including CIT Operations, Cash Vault Services, ATM Operations, Global Logistics, etc.
* Use of I-Auditor's safety-inspection software to conduct inspections, identify branch relates safety trends, develop and implement solutions to positively impact the Branch's safety performance.
* Conduct pre-screening road test and routinely perform route surveillance.
* Identify areas of concern and develop action plans to deliver results. (i.e. regulatory compliance to include Post Accident and Reasonable Cause Drug/Alcohol testing, assisting in the development of driver training, etc.)
* Experience or education in a Risk Management area is desirable
* Basic understanding of Brink's safety systems and training programs
* Strong communication skills (both orally and written). The applicant must be comfortable conducting training seminars in both large and small training settings
* Knowledge and understanding of Brink's existing Safety Culture Program.
* Must be computer literate and have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
* Extensive overnight travel is required nationally, as needed.
* Able to occasionally lift 50 pounds
* High School Diploma or equivalent (additional college level courses, or secretarial/business school desired)
* Detail oriented
* Strong consultative, analytical and problem solving skills
* Excellent interpersonal/communication and presentation skills
Brink's is the global leader in security and logistics services, trusted by banks, financial institutions and businesses in both public and private sectors. We deliver the currency of the world to businesses in our communities. We do it because we're needed. We do it because we're trusted and valued. We do it because it makes us proud. Brink's Proud.
Thank you for considering applying for a job at Brink's U.S. To be considered for this position, you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature.
Upon completion of the application process, you will receive an email confirming that we have received your application. We will review all candidates and notify you of your status should we deem you fit for a job. Thank you again for your interest in a career at Brink's U.S. For more information about future career opportunities, join our talent network, Like our Facebook page or Follow us on Twitter.
Brink's is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, marital status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or history or any other characteristic protected by law. Brink's is also committed to providing a drug free workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Associated topics: climate, diligence, ehs, health, health and safety, hygiene, recycling, safety, safety specialist, sewage
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...