- $127,545.00 -134,240.00/year*
Financial Services - Banking/Investment/Finance
143 Chrystie St
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
Our supply and trading business connects BP to the world's traded markets for oil, gas, power, refinery feedstocks and currencies. We market BP's equity crude oil and natural gas, import feedstocks for our refinery system and buy products to meet marketing demand. We offer a combination of unique expertise in physical supply and trading, innovative financial structures, and world-class analytics to deliver long-term value, from wellhead to end customer.
Job Family Group
Job Profile Summary
The Commodity Risk Group is a key middle-office, risk and financial controls function, accountable for ensuring that trading activities are conducted within a robust control framework. The role of the Commodity Risk Delivery Analyst (Product Control-Middle Office) is a key control position that interfaces with trading, M&O, structuring, quants and support functions for Power trading activity and requires balancing independence with a business enabling partnership. This position is accountable for delivering daily exposure and P&L reporting and month end close process while enforcing the IST Operating Standards & Control Processes.
* Establish strong relationships with commercial and various functions in both Houston and New York office.
* Develop understanding of power trading; modelling and valuing complex power activities include load, wholesale and retail business, energy/asset management, renewables and toll deals.
* Deliver insightful reporting and analytics that enable business decision making and commercial growth. This is achieved through timely, rigorous and accurate reporting and analytics of exposure, costs, gross margin, cash and working capital etc.
* Facilitate and oversee effective and consistent compliance and controls, both internally and externally, while ensuring financial integrity for IST. Facilitate discussions with both internal and external auditors.
* Liaise with front office, settlements, and accounting to resolve any discrepancies on counterparty, pricing, volume and MTM value, accrual and gross margin.
* Maintain and review MTM, exposure and P&L by deal, portfolio, trader, region, and strategy
* Lead month end close process and support accounting in month end closings
* Support regional and global process standardization initiatives
* Support any ad hoc reporting requirements Liaise with IT to lead and manage application projects
* Work hand in hand with commercial personnel and various functions in NA & London to support business growth, new commercial activities, and bench initiatives
* Lead and manage IT and process improvement projects
* Work with Quants & Structuring in reviewing deals and model implementations
* Develop a deep understanding of NAGP's Power trading business, exposures, strategies and market fundamentals
* Deliver reporting and analytics that provide insight into IST's business activities in order to support business decision making and to strengthen the control environment
* Provide constructive challenge to trading activity to ensure it is compliant and aligned to intended trading strategy. Implement valuation methodologies compliant with IST's Mark to Market Operating Standard.
* Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting Essential experience and job requirements
Essential experience and job requirements
* 5 years of experience in a physical and financial commodity trading environment, particularly in power.
* Understanding of front to end transactions lifecycle, applications employed and ability to assess change impact across functions
* Team player and eager to learn and teach in partnership with other team members within the commodity team and across other trading benches.
* Able to grasp and communicate complex models and trading transactions in layman terms for non-technical audience, while highlighting the key economic effects.
* Self-motivated with the intellectual ability and curiosity to read, interpret, and maintain current knowledge of relevant trading and market fundamentals.
* Ability to multi-task independently in a dynamic and changing business environment, within the global structure and under tight deadlines.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
* Attention to detail and ability to work within a very deadline orientated environment
Desirable criteria & qualifications
* Understanding of complex power transactions such as load deals, energy asset management, power retail and renewable energy credits. Option valuation and calculation of Greek sensitivities.
* Option valuation and calculation of Greek sensitivities
Associated topics: broker, brokerage, buy, commodities, financial, investor, nasdaq, security, stock, s p
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...