Project Controls Lead
Compensation: $89,860.00 - $136,150.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Financial Services - Banking/Investment/Finance
Loading some great jobs for you...
Following on from a recent website refresh project our number of posted jobs is currently reduced. However this list is growing daily so please keep checking back to view new vacancies.
Job ID 111963BR Job category Project Management Group Relocation availableNegotiable CityNaperville CountryUnited States Travel required Yes - up to 25%
Job profile summary:
We are looking for a Project Controls Lead to join the Project Services team. The Project Controls Lead will support the delivery of the business strategies through project development and delivery.This role can be based in either Naperville, US or site based.
The role of the Project Controls Lead is to:
- improve functional organizational and people capability through coaching, training and mentoring;
- set clear direction through establishing standards, processes and tools; and
- support project development / delivery and verify projects are consistently embedding our project process.
The Project Controls Lead will interface with multiple project and functional stakeholders at different Downstream businesses and entities. This role reports to the Manager of Project Services within Downstream projects, requires the ability to integrate information to make decisions or develop solutions, and developing relationships to influence and improve performance.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Establish and maintain processes and guides for project services such as cost and schedule management, cost estimating, benchmarking, change management and close-out
- Support entities on the efficient development and delivery of their project portfolios
- Support Downstream projects network by promoting collaboration and knowledge transfer, continuous improvement and providing project services functional leadership
- Coordination and management of project services governance and verification activities, measuring conformance to project process requirements and functional expectations
- Support the development of the project services organizational and people capability through training, coaching and mentoring
- Monitor the Downstream projects portfolio and major project performance against approved targets and report / highlight any adverse progress
- Identify ways to improve and streamline project services activities and project performance
- Support downstream projects improvement work-streams including: building / developing capability; embedding our processes; modernizing our systems; and driving performance.
- Represent BP at industry forums
- Maintain or develop project services tools, templates and examples
- Capture, share and embed lessons learned
Desirable Criteria and Qualifications:
- University degree in an engineering or finance discipline
- Solid post-qualification experience in relevant technical, scientific or business field
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of project services and the interfaces between cost estimating, planning and scheduling and project controls disciplines from project concept through to project execution
- Ability to integrate information to make decisions or develop solutions, and can influence vertically and horizontally
- Able to provide technical coaching / mentoring to experienced professionals within the project discipline
- Experience monitoring, coordinating & managing professionals
- Demonstrated strong organization, teamwork and communication skills
- Understanding of the impact that contracting and execution strategies has on project cost and schedule development and control
- Knowledge of and experience with a stage gated project development and execution process
- Knowledge of applications, e.g. cost and schedule management, portfolio management
- Knowledge of MS Excel to produce pivot tables, macros, and spreadsheets
- Oil and Gas, Refining or Petrochemical experience
- Experience with BP?s Capital Value Process or Projects Common Process
- Experience in portfolio analysis
- Experience in probabilistic cost and schedule uncertainty and risk analysis
- Relevant professional qualification
- International mobility
At BP, we?re involved in every aspect of the energy system. With over 73,000 employees in 78 countries, we?re constantly working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. Here, we?re equipped to solve some of the biggest, most complex challenges that matter for the future. And we know we have a real contribution to make.
As part of BP, our Upstream business finds, develops and extracts energy across 33 countries and makes sure we can explore 63,000km of new areas and extend the life of existing fields. Here, some of the world?s best talent is working on powering-up the world in a safe and sustainable way. Join us, and you?ll have your part to play too.
Associated topics: business analyst, business finance, financial reporting analyst, government, inspect, investment analyst, investment analytics, monitor, refine, strategy
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...