Reliability Engineer Early Career Opportunity - Job Code: 2018-015 Reliab Eng - EarlyFull-time Location: New Orleans & New Jersey
Becht Engineering is looking for early career candidates who love engineering and problem-solving to join our world-class family-owned engineering organization. Becht Engineering is a rapidly growing multidiscipline engineering firm relied on by customers around the world to solve their most difficult and entrenched problems. We serve the energy sector (refining, petrochemical and power generation industries) providing equipment and materials performance expertise that spans both traditional and emerging technology. Mechanical engineers with 2-5 years experience who want to extend their technical skills while working and learning in an open and collaborative multidiscipline team environment are ideal candidates.
We combine vast experience through our network of over 1200 technical experts with both engineering fundamentals and analysis to assist clients in improving reliability, profitability and reduce risks to both people and the environment. We develop technology and provide unique tools to our employees, such as web-based software packages and engineering guides using the knowledge and experience of industry experts. We provide the expertise and direction for motivated individuals to apply these tools to impact the solution of real world problems. Becht is a technical leader in pressure vessels, piping, structures and materials and as such has a major role in international codes and standards, allowing a unique opportunity to both learn and contribute at an industry-wide level.
- Bachelor s degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering or closely related discipline
- 2-5 years experience in a mechanical engineering field
- Ability to apply a range of engineering fundamentals to understand and solve problems
- Ability and desire to learn and apply new concepts in a dynamic environment
- Self-motivated with strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
- Some familiarity with ASME Boiler & Pressure Vessel Code (Sections I, III or VIII) and/or ASME piping codes
- Experience with reviewing inspection results on fixed equipment and piping
- Experience with pressure vessel and piping repair
- Familiarity with Risk Based Inspection (RBI)
- Turnaround experience (TA)
- Experience with machinery systems
- Familiarity with American Petroleum Institute standards related to fitness-for-service and/or risk based inspection
This opportunity is for the Reliability Division within Becht Engineering, consisting of more than 10 people with major offices in New Orleans, New Jersey, and Houston. Early career opportunities are available at the New Orleans and New Jersey locations.Please include a cover letter detailing your interest and skills for this position. You may complete our on-line application by clicking the link below.
Associated topics: ansys, assembly, boiler, chassis, fluid, mechanical engineer, msme, propulsion, turbine, vibration