For more than a century, the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have transformed crops into products that serve the vital needs of a growing world. Today, we're one of the world's largest agricultural processors and food ingredient providers, with more than 33,000 employees serving customers in more than 140 countries. With a global value chain that includes more than 460 crop procurement locations, 300 ingredient manufacturing facilities, 40 innovation centers and the world's premier crop transportation network, we connect the harvest to the home, making products for food, animal feed, industrial and energy uses. Learn more at www.adm.com
Lab Tech I - Valdosta, GA
This is a non-exempt level position.
Job Summary / Scope
Perform laboratory analysis and perform QA/QC checks required refinery analysis
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Follow all safety and environmental rules and regulations applicable to position
* Adhere to and enforce Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and HACCP requirements
* Monitor and ensure compliance with all safety, food safety, environmental, GMP rules, regulations and policies
* Perform all required lab tests adhering to documented laboratory procedures
* Assist in monitoring quality and adherence to GMP rules and bring any variances to the refinery supervisor's attention
* Must be able to read/write/speak English, must be able to do basic arithmetic.
* Must be able to write clearly.
* Must be able to communicate with other employees in a clear and professional manner
* Minimum of high school diploma or GED required
* Preferred analytical laboratory experience
* Position requires basic computer operation skills, i.e. use of \"point and click\" programs, MS Office applications
Physical Mental Requirements
* Ability to sit/stand/walk for long periods of time while performing job duties. Must be capable of working in confined spaces and from heights, bending, kneeling, able to lift 50 lbs repeatedly and must be able to wear a respirator.
* Must be able to analyze information quickly to provide feedback in the lab and troubleshoot equipment failures
Relocation assistance is not available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life, vision, and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and a background check.
ADM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Associated topics: alcohol test, assay, assistant, equipment, internship, lab, lab tech, quality control, sample collection, scientific associate