Waste Water Engineer - Utilities (Wabash)
Compensation: $81,040.00 - $120,890.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
ArcelorMittal is looking for qualified candidates for a Water Engineer position at our Indiana Harbor facility in East Chicago, Indiana. The candidate for this position will preferably hold an Indiana class D wastewater treatment license or is expected to progress toward obtaining this license.
- Performs area Layered Safety Audits, Hazard Assessments, safety observations and ASI s.
- Acts as the Process Safety Management Coordinator for Chlorine. Provide technical support for chlorination systems operations and Emergency Response. Hold chlorine drills, and train personnel on chlorine safety.
- Participate on the Utilities Safety Management System Team.
- Monitor Operations of all wastewater treatment facilities, including equipment status and performance, water chemistries, water treatment programs including vendor recommendations and activities.
- Understand the water system interactions with production facilities.
- Assist in troubleshooting and resolving water related concerns for production facilities as well as Utilities operations.
- Review data collected for water discharges reported on the NPDES discharge reports.
- Understand all aspects of the NPDES Discharge Permit.
- Coordinate all sampling and testing activities with Quality Department Water Lab.
- Act as Utilities Environmental Contact for all mediums. Communicate regularly with the Environmental Department.
- Utilities Environmental ISO 14001 Coordinator. Attend steering team meetings, manage the ISO 14001 program, and work with audits, documentation, and environmental CPARs.
- Be the Process Safety Management Coordinator for Chlorine. Provide technical support for chlorination systems operations and Emergency Response. Hold chlorine drills, and train personnel on chlorine safety.
- Work with FRP (Oil Spill Response) drills and documentation
- Work with any Utilities environmental incidents or spills
- Work with annual backflow device testing.
- Administrate Utilities East SPCC compliance including training and monthly SPCC tank inspections for Utilities IHE and IHW.
- Administrate RCRA compliance and training within Utilities (involves Hazardous and Universal Waste management)
Other Departmental Responsibilities:
- Act as Document custodian for Utilities East. Create, review, manage, and post Work Instructions, Procedures, and forms for Utilities East
- Review and authorize Excavation Permits
- Support Procurement Department activities relative to Water Treatment.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and failure analysis
- Knowledge of environmental regulations
- Ability to read blueprints and schematics
- Computer skills, including word processing and spreadsheet programs
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in Environmental Management, which includes a minimum of two (2) years of responsible charge equivalent work experience which can be applied toward a State of Indiana Wastewater treatment license.
- Bachelor s degree in Environmental or Civil Engineering or Environmental Science
- Ten (10) years of relevant work experience.
- Hold Indiana Class D wastewater treatment license and act as Certified Operator for IHE
ArcelorMittal is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
Associated topics: ecotoxicology, environmental protection agency, glacier, groundwater, hazardous material, pollution, waste management, water engineer, water safety, water treatment
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...