Sr. Site Safety Specialist
Compensation: $89,440.00 - $133,780.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
While taking direction from plant management coordinates the development and hands-on implementation of a comprehensive industrial safety program for an Andersen business unit. Ensures the alignment with Corporate Safety objectives and safe procedures, awareness, and training are conducted with a goal to achieve continuous improvement for the reduction of work related injuries/illnesses and related cost reduction strategies. Achieve compliance obligations with applicable safety and health standards.
- Coordinates priorities, and related work activities with Corporate Safety to identify safety elements and action plans to initiate, implement or improve each element.
- Provide and/or coordinate site specific safety training/testing (e.g. incident investigation, lockout/tagout, powered industrial trucks, ergonomics, safety inspections, Job Safety Analysis, audiometric testing, etc.) as necessary and/or directed by Corporate Safety.
- As they relate to a specific business unit, assists in the development and coordination of Andersen s Safety programs to achieve and maintain compliance with applicable Federal, State & local codes and regulations.
- Work with site manufacturing engineering to conduct safety assessments of new or modified equipment/processes in accordance with Andersen s Safety Assessment Procedure. Participates with engineering in problem solving/resolution exercises.
- Create/customize detailed safety programs/procedures to meet site specific environment as needed.
- Understands corporate business strategies and incorporates business unit objectives in the development and delivery of the site s safety program. Works closely with business unit delivery partners in development and deployment of safety projects and processes.
- Manages safety projects, including the development of work plans; leads cross-functional teams in the execution of projects; able to manage multiple and concurrent projects.
- Conducts ergonomic assessments to identify risk factors and work with engineering to recommend control measures to address identified risk factors
- Analyzes safety and performance indicators and determines appropriate countermeasures.
- Develops and conducts safety training programs aimed at reducing exposure to workplace hazards and compliance with applicable standards.
- Supports location assessments (e.g. audits, inspections, accident investigations, etc.); with site management and recommends & assists in the execution of corrective actions. Trains auditors as needed.
- Supports lean initiatives at plant level including, training, auditing, and associated lean principles.
- Maintains accuracy of business unit safety records per established guidelines.
- Participates and facilitates in plant level orientations.
- Coordinates Plant Safety Committee.
- Promotes Andersen s Safety & Health interests and continuous safety improvement.
- Participates in site management staff meetings/events as requested
- Coordinates with Corporate Health Services on first report of injuries and employee return to work activities as needed.
- Take lead on site OSHA investigations
- Ensure availability of selected personal protective equipment (PPE)
DIRECTION OF OTHERS:
- Leads cross-functional project teams and Plant Safety Committee.
QUALIFICATION AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of Bachelor s degree in Safety Engineering or related discipline or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of safety experience
- Knowledge of government regulations concerning heath, safety & the environment
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Strong service orientation
- Strong interpersonal/communication (verbal and written) skills
- Must be able to work independently, with minimal direction
- Problem solving/opportunity identification
- Results orientation
- Knowledge of individual/group behavior
- Customer orientation
- Facilitation/team building
To be considered please apply to the following link:
Associated topics: business, cost efficient, industrial engineer, manufacturing engineer, methods engineer, project, sap, supply, supply chain
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...