Environment Health, Safety and Sustainability Sr. Manager
Compensation: $99,520.00 - $157,700.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
We are seeking an experienced Environment Health, Safety and Sustainability (EHSS) Sr. Manager to support Amgen Thousand Oaks Manufacturing and Clinical Supply (ATO MFG). The successful candidate will support the Director, EHSS ATO MFG to develop and implement a strategic EHSS plan that drives business performance, continuous improvement and an actively caring culture with an emphasis on Risk Management and world class Safety Performance. The successful candidate will have a proven track record in driving excellence in these areas through proactive process improvements and site support. Strong leadership skills are needed to influence client leadership and other stakeholders to achieve and maintain the highest performance standards across the network.Responsibilities:
- Lead continuous improvement efforts of assigned Amgen EHSS programs and processes to ensure effectiveness and compliance
- Implement EHSS programs across operations.
- Evaluate and implement continuous improvement processes required to improve Safety performance in manufacturing operations.
- Influence relevant site management, as appropriate, to drive safety culture improvements
- Work with Operations, Process Development, and Engineering to implement EHSS requirements needed for new product introductions, EHSS change controls and other risk assessments.
- Review all new or proposed changes to facilities, equipment, materials or operations to determine all necessary EHSS requirements are addressed in a thorough and rigorous manner.
- Collaborate with global EHSS partners on initiatives lending expertise to cross-functional and cross-site matters.
- Conduct high hazard Risk Activity Assessments using process hazard evaluation techniques for example, What If, HAZOP, and FMEA to support EHSS and client deliverables.
- Monitor EHSS program effectiveness and identify areas of potential risk.
- Work with the EHSS team and clients to develop and implement risk mitigation strategies to reduce overall staff and company risk.
- Provide intelligence and insights for Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) using data management systems.
- Develop, analyze and distribute metrics to ensure continual performance improvement.
- Support to multiple site clients to ensure EHSS requirements are implemented to the highest performance standard.
Doctorate degree and 2 years of Environmental, Health, Safety and Sustainability experience
Master's degree and 6 years of Environmental, Health, Safety and Sustainability experience
Bachelor's degree and 8 years of Environmental, Health, Safety and Sustainability experience
Associate's degree and 10 years of Environmental, Health, Safety and Sustainability experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Environmental, Health, Safety and Sustainability experiencePreferred Qualifications
- Degree in chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, chemistry, biology or other science areas, or environmental, safety, or industrial hygiene.
- 10 or more years of experience in EHSS program management and risk management
- Strong understanding of Chemical and Biological manufacturing (GMP and non-GMP) as well as laboratory operations.
- Applied knowledge and understanding of EHSS principles and practices, regulatory standards, and requirements in context of business activities
- Knowledge of regulations, standards and codes as they pertain to pharma/ biotech operations.
- Familiarity with risks and controls relating to manufacturing and laboratory operations.
- Proven ability to drive safety culture, world class safety performance and a continuous improvement mindset.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong ability to collaborate cross functionally and to influence management across many functions.
- In depth understanding of small molecule, large molecule drug substance and drug product production facility and laboratory operations
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Associated topics: clinical, environment, gauge, hazard, healthy, hospital, nursing, treatment, usda, wastewater
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...