More Information about this Job
Entry level position: Performs light duty repairs on AMR fleet vehicles, assist senior mechanics and provides logistical support as assigned
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs Light mechanical and electrical repairs on AMR vehicles.
- Responds to vehicle breakdowns in the field when requested.
- Provides logistical support for the department. Assists Front Line Mechanics as needed.
- Operates company vehicles in accordance with company policy and safe
- Completes all required paperwork and documentation neatly, correctly, and on time using AMR repair orders.
- Uses maintenance data base to document all completed tasks / job assignments.
- Attend all mandatory Fleet related training.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is everyone s responsibility. It is the responsibility of every computer user to: Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Report information systems security problems.
- Vehicles repaired correctly and in a timely fashion.
- Responds to changing departmental priorities.
- Quickly respond, diagnose and repair vehicles during road call situations.
- Maintain safe and clean work area.
- Documentation complete and neat.
- Accurately account for all parts and materials.
- Maintain good working relationship with all personnel and professional conduct with outside contacts.
- Excellent customer service skills.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED. Minimum of 18 years of age. At least three years of Fleet Maintenance and repair experience. Strong electrical diagnosis and repair background. Basic knowledge of diagnosis and repair of diesel & gas engines. Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to provide good customer service. California Driver s License and driving record in compliance with AMR policy regarding insurability. ASE (Automotive Service Excellence) & EVT (Emergency Vehicle Technician) certification is preferred.
- Knowledge of methods, materials, tools, equipment and standard practices used to maintain a fleet of vehicles in a safe manner. Knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions followed in heavy equipment repair shops.
- Ability to safely operate motor vehicles, an assortment of hand and power tools and other work-related equipment.
- Must have and maintain the required tools, including a rollaway tool box, to perform all duties.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to work with limited supervision and as a team member.
- Ability to employ discretion and confidentiality in sensitive areas.
- Ability to read, interpret, and follow instructions on memos, letters, various documents and repair manuals.
- Ability to perform the essential job functions.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
EOE including Veterans and Disabled