Corporate Travel Consultant - Amadeus/Virtual role (Bridgeton)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
As an American Express Corporate Travel Counselor, you will join a team of other highly skilled Travel Counselors who provide exceptional traveler care to GBT corporate clients. This exceptional, high touch service will create a positive experience that will leave your travel clients truly impressed. You will be accountable for both individual and shared team goals, responsible for providing outstanding customer service and accurate completion of both international, domestic travel arrangements and special requests.
We are seeking Travel Counselors whose duties will include executive servicing. Get ready to make impressions that will last! You will make an impact during your day when you:
- Respond positively to customers by making reservations for business travelers accurately and efficiently
- Complete any service requests and offer related products such as car, air, hotel and limo services
- Communicate company travel policy to ensure adherence
- Ensure customer traveler profiles and details are accurate for all reservations
- Provide advice on visa, passport and security requirements relating to the destination and confirm the issuing details for each reservation
- Have a solid understanding of the corporate travel industry, and the key drivers for our VIP customers
Hours of Operation:
- Minimum of 2+ years international Corporate travel experience REQUIRED
- 2+ years of native GDS experience (Amadeus is preferred)
- Designated home office space with a desk and chair required
- Residence in the continental United States or Canada required
This account operates in a 24x7 environment. Shifts assigned could include late/overnight/weekends/holidays. Flexibility to work these types of shifts is required.QUALIFICATIONS:
- Strong knowledge of international fare construction and airline routing principles including tax rates
- Strong world geography knowledge to efficiently route your travelers
- Have a passion to delight our corporate clients by delivering exceptional, consistent and personalized service that they expect and deserve
- Possess exceptional communication skills with the ability to effectively and clearly articulate with travelers
- Act with integrity and confidentiality and protect sensitive information
- Be highly productive in a self-directed work environment
- Work well under pressure and effectively multi-task
Please note: AEGBT operates in a 24x7x365 environment in order to provide exceptional traveler care to our customers. With appropriate notice, all of our employees must be flexible to work at any time between those hours. Periodically, employees may be required to work at least one weekend day, or as business needs dictate. As business demands change, these hours could change and shifts will be altered to include a time slot within the 24x7 hour period. Our company abides by all Federal and Provincial laws to ensure employees are compensated appropriately. Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Work from home ( Axcess@Home ) Requirements:
- Must have a dedicated work space within own residence that follows the ergonomic and safety guidelines for performing travel counselor duties
- Axcess@Home Agent is responsible for supplying their own furniture; desk with lockable drawer or separate lockable file cabinet, chair, document shredder, smoke detector in proximity of work area, and fire extinguisher
- Axcess@Home Agent must complete Flexible Work Arrangement Application and Agreement
- Axcess@Home Agent must complete and meet the requirements of the Work Environment and Safety Assessment
- High speed internet capability with at least 10 Mbps download and 2 Mbps upload speeds: DSL or Cable (NO wireless or satellite ISP's are permitted)
United States>New Jersey>Virtual Location
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.
GBT Recruitment Privacy Statement
Loading some great jobs for you...