Manager, Solar Energy Policy (Hope Valley)
Compensation: $64,500.00 - $96,380.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Scientific Research
Loading some great jobs for you...
At AES, we raise the quality of life around the world by changing the way energy works. Everyone makes an impact every day in our small, global teams. Apply here to start an extraordinary career today.
AES Distributed Energy (AES DE) is currently seeking a Solar Energy Policy Manager to lead policy to support AES DE s northeast commercial and utility-scale photovoltaic solar project origination and development.
AES DE s business development team is tasked with originating, developing and/or acquiring solar and solar + storage projects via an internal greenfield development team along with a channel partner team. The successful candidate will support AES DE s business development team to monitor and shape policy and market development, establish and maintain personal relationships with key policy and governmental stakeholders and have an existing understanding of solar energy policy and existing relationships.
This position will be based remotely in the Northeast US (ideally New York, NY or Boston, MA) and report to the Director of Business Development. The role requires the ability to work independently in conjunction with the business development team, travel often and be self-motivated.Key Responsibilities:
Skills and Qualifications:
- Create and lead a policy strategy for AES DE business development team in the Northeast markets.
- Track and communicate policy updates important to business development decisions in established and emerging Northeast markets.
- Advocate for AES DE s business development interests by shaping policy through active participation in regulatory and legislative action, with stakeholders and industry associations and trade groups.
- Assist AES DE team in strategy decisions related to new market entry and projects based on policy.
- Maintain or create new personal relationships with key stakeholders.
- Comment in public dockets or testify on behalf of AES DE.
- Manage AES DE s subscriptions and memberships to regional trade groups, coalitions and research platforms.
- Undergraduate Degree or Postgraduate Degree in a relevant field required.
- At least 5 (five) years of direct relevant northeast energy policy and/or government affairs experience required.
- Preference for candidates with direct experience with solar energy policy including community solar.
- Experience in solar energy required.
- Existing network of contacts, partners and stakeholders in the Northeast preferred.
- Detail oriented with excellent analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required including public speaking and/or platform skills for executive management presentations.
- Self-starter, be very self-reliant and capable of operating with minimum supervision.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 30-40% on average including quarterly trips to Louisville, CO office.
- Ability to work remotely, utilize technology to stay connected to colleagues in Louisville, CO office.
- Energy storage knowledge a plus.
AES is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to building strength and delivering long-term sustainability through diversity and inclusion. Respecting all backgrounds, differences and perspectives enables us to improve the lives of our people, customers, suppliers, contractors, and the communities in which we live and work. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and/or expression, race, national origin, ethnicity, age, religion, marital status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. E-Verify Notice: AES will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Associated topics: energy, geothermal, operations, operator, powerplant, powerplant operations, scrubber, solar, turbine
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...