Analytics Manager, Energy Markets
Compensation: $77,490.00 - $116,600.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Scientific Research
Loading some great jobs for you...
At AES, we raise the quality of life around the world by changing the way energy works. Everyone makes an impact every day in our small, global teams. Apply here to start an extraordinary career today.
At AES we have an amazing opportunity to transform the world with renewable energy. By using the vast amounts of information available, we are designing Smart Maintenance, Smart Operations, Smart Grid and other Energy related solutions to improve our operations and be a global leader in renewable energy generation.
This position will be responsible for acting in a lead role to be the bridge between the data science team and the business leaders. The Analytics Manager is responsible for driving business innovation with data by conceptualizing and driving the development of AI/ML solutions and based on competitive analysis, market insights and internal objectives. Working closely with the Director of Analytics, the Analytics Manager will be responsible for understanding AES s commercial business infrastructure and working closely with global teams to conceptualize, organize, manage and drive AI/ML initiatives from concept to launch. This role also requires outstanding written and verbal communication skills to communicate and influence across the company with peers, functional teams, and senior leadership.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Gain an understanding of AES s energy business, company culture, technology stack and analytics capabilities.
- Explain and guide business leaders on the effective execution of AI/ML projects related to the production of energy, commercial energy markets or changing energy industry.
- Serve as a subject matter expert of business challenges, strategy, technology and analytics.
- Responsible for writing documentation and presenting the vision, scope and strategies, as well as driving the process for creating and presenting a sound business case, to achieve executive sponsor support.
- Identify opportunities for creating new analytics data structures to improve team efficiency.
- Collaborate with other team members to build upon results to create deeper insights.
- Serve as mentor and problem-solver for data scientists by helping them resolve issues and get access to resources needed to deliver on projects.
- Monitor workflow of data projects by assigning and aligning resources and ensure completion dates are being met.
- Ability to dive deep to understand details and come back up to tie to strategic vision and roadmap.
The Work You May Do
- Manage projects in an Agile method and meet business deadlines
- Support strategic decision-making through analysis, with a focus on financial outcomes, business partnering to distill key financial insights into usable data for cross-functional teams, and collaborating with cross-functional leaders on strategic project execution.
- Review completed data requests for quality before final artifacts are delivered to customers.
- Present, leading workshops and explain complex ideas to the business.
- Set annual roadmaps and secure alignment from leadership and peers for resource allocation and execution.
- Lead and mentor commodity traders by providing leadership and analytical support while also keeping senior management informed on key business metrics
- Manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously while maintaining High attention to detail
- Make trade off decisions to change prioritization or the scope of projects as needed.
- Lead organizational change and help team members gain new skills.
Who You Are
- Teachable, friendly, flexible, confident, kind and reliable.
- Able to work with little supervision and meet deadlines on a consistent basis.
- You have a knack for analytics and solving problems using data.
- Capable of dealing with the ambiguity and the flexibility to change direction as additional information becomes available.
Preferred Professional And Technical Expertise
- FinTech industry experience is advantageous
- Familiarity with AI/ML concepts and statistical concepts such as regression, time series, mixed model, Bayesian methods, clustering, etc., to analyze data and provide insights.
- Experience collaborating and managing projects in Google Cloud Platform
- Strong communication and data visualization skills to adequately explain complex subject matter to a wide range of associates.
- Solid understanding of AI / ML capabilities and their proper application
AES is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to building strength and delivering long-term sustainability through diversity and inclusion. Respecting all backgrounds, differences and perspectives enables us to improve the lives of our people, customers, suppliers, contractors, and the communities in which we live and work. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and/or expression, race, national origin, ethnicity, age, religion, marital status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. E-Verify Notice: AES will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Associated topics: business analyst, capital, consultant, credit, economy asset, market, estate, pricing, real estate, wholesale
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...