Assistant General Counsel
Compensation: $164,410.00 - $164,410.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Assistant General Counsel in Sacramento, California | Careers at Aerojet Rocketdyne - Sacramento Skip Branding
- Who We Are
- Contact Us
- Investor Relations
CEO Search form
Skip to Main Content Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Welcome page Returning Candidate? Log back in! Assistant General Counsel
Location US-CA-Sacramento | US-CA-El Segundo | US-CA-Canoga Park Job ID 16426 Zip 95813 Category Legal Overview
The Assistant General Counsel for Safety Health and & Environmental (SH&E)
will support Aerojet Rocketdyne
with respect to SH&E issues including environmental cleanup activities under USEPA and State oversight in conjunction with the Company's substantial real estate (Easton Development Company) leasing and development activities, regulatory compliance and SH&E related investigations, financial assurance documentation and submittals, merger and acquisition environmental due diligence activities, oversight and management of Company's SH&E litigation matters, and real estate development matters.
The Assistant General Counsel reports directly to the Deputy General Counsel and must work cooperatively with other AR counsel, as well as independently with client representatives, principally the in-house organization responsible for the environmental remediation program for the Company.
The preferred location for this position is our Sacramento, CA
site. We will also consider placing this position at our El Segundo, CA corporate headquarters or our Canoga Park, CA space headquarters. This position may be filled at this level or one level higher. Essential Job Functions (Including % of Time for Each)
The Assistant GC areas of responsibility will include the following:
70% - Environmental Cleanup and Litigation Support
- Negotiate consent agreements, consent orders, and decrees and directly interface with environmental remediation organization
- Work with members of Site Remediation team and Easton Development Company on sale, leasing and development of former and current federal and state Superfund land in Sacramento County, CA and other environmentally impacted properties
- represent Company on cleanup site PRP groups and steering committees
- Manage and oversee outside counsel in Company's nationwide environmental, toxic tort and asbestos litigation and workers compensation claims
- Negotiate and draft agreements with public and private property owners regarding environmental obligations and access rights; assist Supply Chain in negotiation of environmental service provider contracts.
- Participate as team member for environmental remediation financial planning and Sarbanes Oxley related environmental provisioning (reserving) key control activities
20% - Regulatory Compliance and SH&E Related Injury and Accident Investigations
- Provide advice and counsel to Senior, SH&E and Operations management as they relate to interpretations of policy and regulatory compliance with federal and multi-state SH&E regulatory requirements, including RCRA, CERCLA, Clean Water Act, TSCA, OSHA, Clean Air Act and California Proposition 65.
- Represent Company before federal, state and local regulatory agencies on SH&E enforcement and compliance matters
10% - Manage Regulatory Agency or Third Party Required Financial Assurance Documentation and Submittals and Merger and Acquisition Environmental Due Diligence.
- Coordinate with Treasury and Risk Management to obtain financial assurance instruments for submittal.
May require up to 10% travel to multiple Aerojet Rocketdyne sites around the U.S., particularly those on the West Coast (Sacramento, CA and Los Angeles, CA). Requirements
Bachelor's degree and a Law (JD) degree and a minimum of 6-8 years as an attorney with experience in environmental cleanup at RCRA and CERCLA sites under oversight of USPEA and State Agencies (particularly California), environmental litigation, including cleanup cost recovery and regulatory enforcement, and environmental compliance counseling. Experience in toxic tort and asbestos litigation, as well as health and safety, i.e. OSHA, issues as well as workers compensation is desirable, although not required.
Candidates with at least 3-5 years of in-house or regulatory agency experience and 3-5 years of major law firm experience will be given a strong preference. Relevant active duty military/government experience (JAG or other) is preferred as well.
Must be a self-starter with strong communications, analytical, negotiations, and problem solving skills.
US Citizenship required.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements:
Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer; stamina to sit and to maintain attention to detail despite interruptions; may occasionally lift/carry/push/pull up to 25 pounds; may require minimal walking, climbing, stooping, crouching, and/or bending; and vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone. May require the ability to travel by air or auto. May require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, safety shoes, and shop coat. May be expected to work varying shifts and hours to ensure successful operation of activities in the organization. Options
Apply for this job online Apply Share Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed Loading... Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!Click here to get started. We consider the consistent demonstration of positive, cooperative, self-motivated, courteous and professional behavior to be an essential function of every position. While different positions have different primary areas of responsibility and technical expertise, everyone needs to work as a team, and we expect all employees to contribute as necessary to get the job done.
Unless otherwise stated in the requirements section of an individual job listing, our positions require U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Residency, or other status as a U.S. Person as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3).Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.Individuals with a disability requiring accommodation during the application and/or the interview process should e-mail the Human Resources Department at Accommodation Request.
Software Powered by iCIMS
Associated topics: cash, client, customer, financial, marketing, omni, representative, retail, salesperson, trade
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...