- AECOM Technology Corporation
- $92,696.67 -145,670.00/year*
143 Chrystie St
United States of America - New York, New York City
AECOM is actively seeking a bright and highly motivated Engineer for employment in our Water Business Line based out of our New York, NY office. This is a Project based Engineering Position to assist and support Wastewater/Water Design and Program Management Projects. Position will work with Project Managers on all project phases including Facility Planning, Design, Procurement, Construction and Close Out. Works will include the helping with the management and coordination of design projects on Wastewater/Water treatment facilities. Field work will be required and field visits to project sites within the NYC Metro area will be required to provide support as design liaison on ongoing construction projects.
* Builds analytic and design skills.
* Conducts engineering design under the supervision of an experienced engineer.
* Creates designs, calculations, sketches, diagrams, schematic drawings, and final working drawings under the supervision of an experienced engineer.
* Collects and analyzes data under the supervision of an experienced engineer.
* Uses computer software as a tool for solving basic engineering problems.
* Performs work in accordance with agreed upon budget and schedule under supervision.
* Bachelor's degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering with an emphasis in water, wastewater, water resources or related field required
* 2+ years of directly related experience
* Capable of using spreadsheet, word processing and standard office software
* Basic knowledge of industry standard computer software for the position (examples include software such as CADD, HCS, AutoCAD, MicroStation, GIS, Hydrologic/Hydraulic models)
* Ability to work productively in a collaborative team environment, and demonstrate growth potential as well as a desire to learn
* Detail oriented while still able to understand/comply with the big picture/goals of a project
* Ability to multi-task
* Strong logic skills and writing skills
* Documents time and effort accurately
* Ability to work productively in a team environment
* Good communication skills
* Flexible - can adapt to shifting priorities / work schedules
* Able to work independently
* Can take direction from others and in turn can provide guidance to others
* Due to the nature of this work, US Citizenship is required
* Engineer-in-Training (EIT) or Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) preferred
* GIS and CADD skills
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is
pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions
inclusion, diversity and overall
employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our
core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only
delivering a better world , but working to \"make amazing happen\" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
Job Category Engineering - Water / Wastewater
Business Line Water
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 217306BR
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Associated topics: ecotoxicology, ehs, environmental engineer, environmental impact assessment, environmental protection agency, geotechnical, hydrogeologist, waste, wastewater, water safety
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...