Ambulance Supply Technicians
Compensation: $38,810.00 - $59,500.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
This position serves to enhance the effectiveness of Advance Medical operations and to provide the Field Advisors and team with day-to-day logistical support.
The position requires teamwork, supports the operational activities of Advance Medical field operations and has primary responsibility for cleaning, stocking and daily maintenance of vehicles and equipment. This position reports to the Owner/Operator directly, supports the Field Advisors and works collaboratively with other Team Members to accomplish a teamwork approach to Advance Medical's mission of providing safe, high quality, cost effective medical transportation.ESSENTIAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure that vehicles are cleaned, stocked and in good mechanical working order prior to being placed in service.
- Inventory ambulances as they return from shift and re-stock as necessary
- Clean the interior and exterior of all ambulances.
- Decon all vehicles per the schedule.
- Re-stock all bags to the proper levels
- Report any mechanical issues with all equipment to fleet services
- Report any mechanical issues found with the ambulances to fleet services
- Fill all orders that come from operations
- Fill ambulance orders from stock
- Take inventory of stock room and re-order supplies as needed
- Fueling of Vehicles
- Ensure accurate product inventory for ambulances outline in the SC DHEC EMS 61-7
- Develop an inventory tracking system to streamline our business operations
- Communicate with our vendors about current stock and potential issues with orders
- Must have knowledge of computer
- Conduct daily analyses to forecast potential inventory issues
- Report on inventory activities and variances
- Assess new inventory to ensure it is ready for service
- Develop and implement inventory control procedures and best practices
- Provide required documentation to management daily.
- Manage time appropriately to ensure that all areas of job responsibilities are adequately covered.
- Positive approach to problem solving and serves as a role model for co-workers in this area
- Able to operate communication equipment within transport services. Communicates with personnel internal and external in a manner that facilitates the transport process.
- Maintains transport/maintenance logs, database information and equipment checks as outlined by policy and practice.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of all non-medical equipment, which is part of the ambulance and/or Wheel Chair Van.
- Demonstrates flexibility and an ability to respond to changing priorities.
- Effective written and oral communications and ability to converse in effective manner
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential functions satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodation.
In a normal workday, the employee must be able to:
- Stand 7 or more hours
- Little or no sitting
- Walk 1-4 hours
- Drive 1-4 hours
- Lift/carry 70 lbs. maximum; frequently lift/carry up to 35 lbs.
The employee must be able to use his/her upper extremities for repetitive:
The employee must be able to:
- Simple Grasping
- Fine Manipulation
- Continuously bend at the waist, squat at the knees, reach above shoulders, and kneel
- Occasionally climb, crawl and use feet (foot controls)
- High concentration/intensity
- Normal memory, taking into consideration the amount and type of information
- High complexity of decision making
- High time pressure for decision making
- High tolerance of varied work sites required for this position
- High exposure to weather and temperature extremes
- Moderate amount of overtime or extended work hours required
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Basic knowledge of mechanical skill
- Basic knowledge of computer skill
- Extremely self-motivated
- Valid SC Driver's license
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to work at a rapid pace
The candidate selected will play a key part in the success of providing quality patient care by helping team members get the information they need to provide the best care possible. If you re into Gross medical stories, random gas station food recipes or anything else off the beaten path . . .we may hire you for those reasons alone!
Be prepared to bring your personality with you all day, every day.
Associated topics: dispatcher, fleet, fleet management, handler, management, manager trainee, operations manager, service manager, technician, union
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...