174 Power Global in New York, NY
- Industry: Energy/Power - Procurement/Purchasing
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $144,940.00 - 144,930.00 / Year*
174 Power Global NorthEast is based in New York focusing on Commercial and Industrial installations of PV Solar and Energy Storage. The company is a subsidiary of 174 Power Global which is headquartered in Irvine, California and designs, builds and manages solar power plant solutions. The company brings a decade of global leadership in solar PV to North America, combining best-of-world technology, processes and partnerships to deliver utility-grade solar PV solutions customized for local energy markets. 174 Power Global offers the full spectrum of PV solutions from power plant development, design, construction, operations and maintenance. With proven capabilities across the solar value chain, 174 Power Global minimizes uncertainty and risk, and helps customers achieve a higher return on their investment in solar energy.
The Procurement Specialist will play an instrumental role in building our shared vision to be the leading clean energy solutions provider in the decarbonized economy.
This position reports to the Director of Operations, or another senior management personnel that the President of the Company may designate. This position is located Manhattan, NY. This position may be required to travel up to 15%.
- Drive long-term procurement objectives for 174 Power Global NorthEast, including both equipment and service provider contracts;
- Work closely with and support project managers to enable competitive bidding process into RFP and bilateral contracts;
- Develop and maintain a working database of all materials, suppliers, products, etc., tracking history of project costs, schedules, and scope (lessons learned);
- Negotiate Master Supply Agreements (MSA) with major suppliers for long term pricing and availability;
- Negotiate favourable warrantee terms, collaborating with 174PG Legal Department;
- Process and track all EPC related purchases with vendors and 174 accounting;
- Institute vendor qualification through Quality, Delivery and Cost criteria and monitor on-going performance through quarterly business reviews;
- Negotiate Subcontractor, Vendor Purchase Order agreements to minimize risk and maintain leverage over optimum supplier performance during project execution and through O&M (Operations & Maintenance) phase;
- Support teams with supplier and subcontractor escalations with technical disputed items, schedule, revenue-risk and on-going support services and negotiate where needed, disputed items to minimize financial and schedule risk;
- Working with and assist engineering in developing layouts and technical proposals, developing and maintaining relationships with Suppliers and Vendors;
- Must be able to communicate effectively with various types of shipping, transportation, and logistics agents to identify and resolve product shipping and logistics issues;
- Collaborating with team members when necessary to ensure effective communication and results; and
- Perform other duties and special projects, as assigned by the Director of Project Management and Management.
- Bachelor s Degree in Business, Engineering, Supply Chain, or another related field;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience or equivalent in procurement and supply chain required, solar experience highly preferred;
- Currently living within commuting distance to Manhattan, highly preferred;
- Willingness to travel, up to 15% of the time;
- Experience in C&I solar/PV and Energy Storage projects, preferred;
- The ability to prioritize multiple and simultaneous projects, issues, and activities;
- Strong interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication skills, and implementation and facilitation skills; and
- Fluency in CRM, or equivalent project management software;
- Ability to read plan sets, do take offs, and create Bill of Materials;
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Assertive, able to cope with pressure, a team player;
- Comfortable working in a fast-moving dynamic, environment.
- Excellent ability to communicate among construction, technical and non-technical personnel, both internally and outside the company; and
- Self-driven to exceed internal and external customer expectations while bring a representative of 174 Power Global NorthEast.
174 Power Global provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Associated topics: analyst, buyer, contract, efficiency, facility, performance, saving, shipping, saving, supply
* Estimated salary
More Jobs Hiring Near Me!